“Why did I choose Archibald&Woodrow's?”

Archibald & Woodrows BBQ
Ranked #69 of 309 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I did go to the BBQ joint that was listed as number 1 on Trip Advisor. I sat in their parking lot and then pulled up Trip Advisor again to read you folks' comments.
I found many negative entries.
So I figured your number one rating was on past efforts since the currents ones.....Not so good.

I read Archibald and Woodrow's entries and they were markedly more positive.

Drove the 3 miles or so and walked into ARCHIBALD & WOODROW'S.
Chatted up some of the folks there as my pound of ribs were being readied to Go.
Your mouth waters with the smell of that BBQ coming from the kitchen.

This is NOT your normal BBQ.
Most use a thick, piled high, sometimes crusted, BBQ Sauce, and that's always Good, but Archibald & Woodrow are doing things a bit different.

First off...The ribs are GREAT. Soft meat, and lots of it, but the BBQ sauce is thin,
I had to head down the road so I waited a bit to open the bag, but when I did I saw the sauce was thin thought it might be the kind that is overdone with ghost pepper or another spice that overtakes the taste of the meat.
Boy was I surprised. This sauce is KILLER!
Sweet and Spicy and they give you more than enough for a pound of ribs.

The restaurant itself is more of a nightclub that sells BBQ.
I would have liked to have been in town long enough to enjoy it, but there is no way I pass through Tuscaloosa again without stopping at Archibald and Woodrow's.

I trust what Trip Advisor contributors say.
I don't mean to slam the current #1, ... and will look in the future to see if their entries swing positive,... but for now, for me....it's Archibald and Woodrow's!

Great Stuff!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Always have good BBQ. We eat their BBQ when we want a simple taste. Not too thrill with the sauce. We add our own homemade sauce which works out well. Great BBQ for a party or gathering when you don't want to cook your own.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Chopped pork is very tender but we are not fans of this watery sauce.
Ribs were not as tender.
Lighting inside is very very poor. This is clearly more of a bar for a good time at night than a family friendly BBQ location. Very worn and dated interior that is somewhat dirty.
Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I visited Archibald & Woodrow's BBQ with my two daughters while visiting Tuscaloosa. The place was great- a small, no frills establishment with great Q and friendly service. We ordered a rib sandwich, pulled pork sandwich, and wings- everyone ate all the food in front of them. I ordered the ribs, which were smoky and tender...simply delicious. The wait staff were attentive and helpful, and the restaurant seemed busy for a Monday night...filled with locals. I will definitely return if I get the chance!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We were visiting from Baltimore and had terrible BBQ the day before at Dreamlands. We were looking for good, authentic BBQ. This is the place. The food was so tasty! The service was warm and welcoming! They gave us sample of wings, which I wished I would have ordered! The tea was sweet and always being refilled. I will def go back on our next visit!