See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 December 2017

This is a very nasty motel and has drugs and prostitutes being sold from this motel.
Very unclean to say the least.The rooms smell of body odor and smoke.
Stay in Birmingham if every other hotel is booked.
It will be worth the drive than to stay here
BEWARE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank bamabta
Reviewed 23 November 2017

First of all, we could not check in when we asked because we were traveling for out of town. The room DID NOT look like the pictures on the website. There was hair on the toilet, trash behind the bathroom door, stains on the sheets and shower curtain. There were only a few channels that worked, the other channels had way too much snow to even attempt to watch. And the power went out a couple of times. Even if money is tight, we will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We had a room for two... first there was no remote for the old TV that, by the way,the pic shimmed and rolled...no big deal. Then there was only one bath towel... made frist request about 5 P.M. in the afternoon... was told they were being washed and would be delivered to the room... last request about 8 P.M.... same answer....never showed up so we shared one. Before gong to bed was walking around barefooted... looked at the bottom on my feet.... they were totally black with dirt from the floor in the room (floors were laminate)... used hand towel to partially clean floor...was BLACK with dirt. Told the person on duty the next morning and was shown attitude with eye rolls!!!Never an apology for any of the inconviences. We were told there was internet... I suppose you could say there was.. but when we did a 'google' search and tried to click on links from there we got a message saying 'no internet'. I suppose they had it locked down so close that there was no searching for anything.. that or the band width was low that we could not get to any sites.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milton C
Reviewed 9 November 2017

10/28/2017 - The first room we were assigned the TV did not work, not even plugged in and cable was not attached. In fact the cable receptacle on the TV was broken off. The room was moderately clean. After requesting a new room assignment, again the room was moderately clean, but we found some type of black flecks on the sheets and had to brush them off. The security hasp on the door was missing, the keys we were given did not work well and we had to return to the office 3 times to get keys that would open the door. The lady at the desk was polite and did her best to help. The advertised "hot" breakfast was also a big disappointment. There was coffee and a crock-pot full of grits. There were some other unappealing food items like donuts, etc, but no fruit. Would never even consider staying at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Be sure to inspect the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was really surprised by all of the negative reviews for this hotel. People should keep their expectations at a realistic level, given that this is the cheapest hotel I could find for a game day weekend that still had availability the week before. Would I call this a family hotel? Maybe not, but this Tuscaloosa gem is one of the few remaining relics to the past on what Tuscaloosa used to be before it was gentrified in the Nick Saban era / rebuilding after the 2011 tornado. You wouldn't guess it now if you stay in the campus area, but believe it or not there are still poor people in Tuscaloosa, and not everyone wants to pay $350+/night to stay at the Hampton Inn for a game. I'll admit, there were some guest staying at this hotel that would look shady to most people, but the few I talked to were all very friendly and would exchange a "Roll Tide." The staff was super friendly and helpful. No one offered to sell me drugs, as suspected by some other reviewers here (although I was solicited by a church group trying to save my soul. I only assume they were concerned given the reputation for this hotel, apparently). The place has a new coat of paint.

Roll Tide, Masters Inn.