“Excellent classic Italy food in Shanghai ”

Porto Matto Italian Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 17,149 Restaurants in Shanghai
Neighbourhood: Former French Concession
Neighbourhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Nice experience in this restraint and the chief is very nice person! I've order home
made spaghetti and my friend order home made lasagna with bolognese sauce. The soup is very classic Italy style so if u like it, I should order one. The dessert is fantastic ! Love it!
However, I have bad sense of direction so the way is very hard to find. U should ask passenger of someone else.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

The food is good, well cooked and with the correct mix of creative tastes; the choice is various, maybe a little bit too much to have all "perfect".
The room is too noisy (isn't my first experience there) because the level of music is higher than normal and people starts speaking loudy.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

excellent food and service, with a warm welcome from the Italian born owner, who frequently checked on us himself throughout the meal, brought us complimentary champagne and talked to us about the story of his restaurant. The atmosphere was one of warmth and welcome Italian food after 2 weeks of Chinese fare?

Reviewed 13 October 2016

If you feel to get a taste of italian dish then you need to go and see "Porto Matto" in Shanghai. Not big but great, not bright but sunny feeling, not special but special taste. Italian cooking like from mama's hand. No special recommendation, everything is worth to order and try. Meat, appetizer, fish, homemade noodles, yummy, yummy, yummy. You get a good selection of wine and other drinks as well. And the best thing, Roberto treat you like a king. He's not a replica of an Italian guy he's a real Italian. Buon appetito !!!

1  Thank hyper64
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I was brought here by a friend of mine and with surprise I discovered that the cook comes from my area in Italy. We could taste his dishes, like "insalata di mare" (seafood salad), tuna steak, grilled mixed seafood, pasta dishes. All of them were very tasty. After talking a bit more deeply with the owner, he explained to me the challenges of teaching the Chinese how to eat real Italian, as well as the challenges he has to get fresh and real Italian ingredients. The quality of his food is very good and as Italian I would not doubt one minute to come back there! Good luck Roberto!