All reviews free shuttle bus service near airport an overnight stay pudong internet
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Given the generally bad reviews about this place, I wanted to say that the hotel is okay, it is an acceptable, functional space close to the airport to rest before / in between flights. I did not think it was unclean, it had all necessary amenities (toiletries, water bottles, robes, slippers), good internet, good and plentiful USB plugs, tea facilities, a fitness suite, good AC. It did not feel as cheap as portrayed by others. I did not have food as I had some at the airport and bought some snacks with me, which I would recommend doing. The shuttle is a bit hit and miss and the reception / staff speak very little English but I honestly do not think there is anything wrong with the place. I think I paid the equivalent of 30 Pounds to stay here - for those that complain about the hotel one would stay in a hostel for that amount of money back home. If you are into a more put together environment, the Ramada is closeby. If you just need somewhere to rest, shower and rehydrate I think you can do worse places than this.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Charlottecb
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I don’t have high standards for hotels when I’m traveling. I’ve toured China and stayed in remote locations that aren’t up to western hotel standards. It’s usually ok. Provincial is great as long as it’s clean.

This hotel is the opposite of that. When China Eastern has a delayed flight, they cart their passengers to this dump, which is the filthiest, most disgusting hotel I’ve ever encountered. The carpets look like someone was brutally murdered and covered in an acre of dirt they didn’t bother to cart away afterward. The furnishings and curtains are stained with cigarette smoke, and the desk staff bring surly to new heights.

Seriously, you’re better off staying at the airport 2km away, passing out in a bathroom stall, and eating out of the bottom of garbage cans than staying at this dump.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank MarcSeattle
Reviewed 28 May 2018

After a flight delay caused a flight misconnection, China Eastern arranged for a night's accommodation at this hotel. The hotel is not within walking distance from the airport and is very far away from the city. There is however, a shuttle service provided by the hotel.

The rooms had the typical smell of those older hotels. It wasn't bad but the facilities were old. Overall, it is ok for a night stay but not for long stays if you are here to visit Shanghai.

You can download the Didi Chuxing app (Their version of Uber) to book a transport to city center but do not choose the taxi option (Had a bad experience of the taxi driver taking a longer route to increase the fare).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tohmatohs
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

China Eastern Air had us stay here due to multiple delays with our flight from Bali to Shanghai and then Shanghai to Toronto. Now we weren’t expecting much when the airline is providing this room to us for free.
The meal provided with our coupon was basic at best. Beds were two singles and hard like sleeping on plywood. The carpet in our room was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen and we requested a non smoking room which of course smelled like smoke and mold. Bathroom smelled like urine. So far haven’t found any bed bugs.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darryl M
Reviewed 26 May 2018

I was informed of a last-minute flight change before my departure from the U.S. that added a 23 hour layover to my connection in Shanghai. The China Eastern airlines staff provided me a voucher for a hotel stay.
When I got to Shanghai, I submitted my voucher to the airline staff and waited some time before being bussed to this hotel (SAT Hotel = Shanghai Airlines Travel Hotel). It was not within walking distance of anything else and not near the city center. The hotel was dirty and run down. The carpets were stained and the place had a musty smell. The forced layover passengers were given a voucher for dinner, which was on par with prison food. The "dinner" was a single option tray with some minimal vegetables, rice, and meat concoctions. I wouldn't have eaten as much as I did if I hadn't been on a plane for over 12 hours with no alternative options in sight. The other Americans I met during this experience found the meal to be similarly unpleasant. They also informed me that aside from the small bottles of water included in the room, the only potable water had to be purchased from a vendor down the street.
The beds were extremely hard, even by Asian standards. The wifi was basically unusable due to dropping connection continuously. I left first thing in the morning after a few hours of sleep and found it more pleasant to spend 12 hours in the airport before my flight.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo