1,776 results
All reviews the club lounge top floor walking distance infinity pool metro station rooftop bar construction site glass wall minute walk excellent location convenient location nanjing road taxi driver very nice hotel shopping area breakfast buffet pudong airport
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I wish the rooms didn't filter through the noise from the neighbor's TV. Apart from that I liked the hotel, its location (I like to walk around and get a feel of the neighborhood, which this location provides) and overall service.

The lounge has a professional team helping us and has nice views; gets very busy during happy hour....I like it that way - everyone should get happy during that time:)

The restaurant has good options for dinner with freshly prepared halibut (a whole fish served on the table as is the local custom). The breakfast is aplenty and satisfying.

I don't know if the rooms can get better insulation. If so, I would recommend it highly. If no, at least you are forewarned.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Steve H, Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thanks for choosing our property as your preferred accommodation and taking the time to provide us with your feedback specially your comments regarding noise. We had shared your feedback to the related department and immediate action is put in place.
At the same time, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our lounge and your dinner experience. We look forward to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

The lobby is very impressive with its view over the Yu Gardens. The rooms are comfortable and the showers were much needed after the night train. We only stayed one night to relax before moving on, but it was the perfect place to relax.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we value our guest's feedback as the most efficient way to improve and better ourselves. Your feedback will not be taken lightly - our related department is well informed regarding your comments and corrective actions will be implemented. We aim to provide upgraded service on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

It was my first visit to Shanghai and I can't tell you how helpful and friendly the staffs are. I want to give a shout out to Alice, Elon & Coco from the Concierge Lounge to take good care of us during our stay, and Berg from the Navigator department for patiently helping us set up all the rides to the destination and to the airport. They make our trip an enjoyable one!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Steve H, Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for wonderful compliments about our hotel and the staff, I personally couldn't ask for a better and more rewarding compliment. We look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Direct subway line (#10) from Hongqiu Airport

Subway exit (#3) right across the street !

Some ppl complain about the long staircase from subway level to ground without escalator... well, take another exit ! ! ! Exit #1 is maybe 100M away from hotel. Take that one if u prefer an escalator !

Right next to Yuyuan

10 mins walk to the Bund

Excellent service to all hotel guests as far as I can tell, during my 3 day stay.

Nice room if you have some sort of membership. I have SPG gold, so auto upgrade.

All these nice feature for $100 including tax in Feb... isn't that value ?

Value for the money, its 5 star.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Lily X, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for wonderful compliments about every area and part of our hotel, I personally couldn't ask for a better and more rewarding compliment.

We are extremely grateful for you continues support and always look forward welcoming you back!

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Stayed in the Executive Lounge levels and was completely worth it. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly and assisted with any and every need. The room had an amazing view, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The food/drinks at the Executive Lounge, if you plan to be around the hotel, are worth the price. The selection isn't too great, however, you still get a great view of the Pudong area, with excellent service and drinks. IF you don't select this, you can pay for, separately, a similar package in the downstairs bar (though there's no view).

Room service was skimpy on the food, however, it was pretty delicious. Recommended of course to venture out in the city and try a restaurant.

The room was clean, every day. The view was amazing. The bed was not too firm, and not too soft. Shower water had great water pressure and the water was consistently hot for as long as needed. Room also came with a garden tub.

Around the hotel there isn't much, but for the price and comfort, you were near a metro stop, the Yu Garden, and very easy walking distance to all that Shanghai has to offer.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Pudong, if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends