“That carbonara alone is worth a trip! ”
Review of Pistacchio

Pistacchio
Ranked #138 of 17,142 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Tried their carbonara dish with wide-cut pasta and am addicted! Please don't ever take this off the menu, I'm looking forward to having this again next time I'm in Shanghai

1  Thank lorrainec785

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I almost didn't want to write a review of this spot to keep it far off the laowai radar, but it's so damn good that it deserves a great deal of business.

Sitting inside is good for groups or if it's cold outside. The patio is heated, and has way more charm. Watch the fuerdai drive by in their Maseratis and nearly run over pedestrians, good for laughs.

The soufflé is as good as they claim.

1  Thank WorldBizTraveller
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Food was barely ok, slow service and durty restrooms. Had a corporate event there, rude boss and staff. Stay away.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I had an early dinner here a few nights ago and after reading some of the reviews here I thought I was in for a treat.
The menu has clearly changed somewhat since most of the reviews and while thats par for the course the options were reasonably uninspired and limited.
I had the Anchovy and Sardine Crostini ($20 AUD) to start. Nice looking little dish and to be fair a pleasant enough flavour but the pepper (capsicum) it was served on overwhelmed the rest of the dish a bit. I would halve it to allow the flavour of the fish to dominate.

Followed this up the with the Beef tenderloin with Braised Veg ($38 AUD)
Because the waitstaff didn't ask me how I wanted the beer I took this to mean perhaps the tenderloin was part of the dish in a "stew" type meal. It wasn't. Which was fine. It was a sliced tenderloin sitting on top of the veg and looked great. The meat was served blue and while I like meat served blue to rare if it had been my partner she would have sent it back immediately.
The veg was cooked to varying degrees, the carrot was nice, the artichoke over cooked and the potato and onion undercooked. So clearly everything went in the one pot for the same length of time. The potatoes were also a poor choice as they were very waxy rather than floury and unable to soak up the gravy in the bottom of the bowl.
However this wasn't a huge problem as the gravy was so salty I could barely eat the veg sitting in it.
It could have been bad seasoning it could have been the bacon in the sauce or maybe it got reasoned going out of the kitchen. Whatever it was it was way too much.

Dessert was the "Famous Pistachio Souffle" ($14 AUD)
Order something else weak flavour, edges over cooked centre a little scrambled.
Looked great when it arrived but honestly not the best (or second or 10th) soufflé I've ever had. Although the Pistachio gelato was delicious.
Limited wine list. at least what I was offered. All the Pasta dishes are uninspiring. But the free bread was really good.
All in all, overpriced and really not worth it. You can find better Italian for the same money.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Ate there with another couple. Service was OK and the food was OK as well. I have had better Italian but not bad. Easy to find and was busy the night we were there. Close to my house so I will go there again.