“Delicious Saturday Lunch”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Former French Concession
Reviewed 12 June 2016

As a birthday treat for my Turkish wife, I took her to Garlic for a lunch with the kids after it was highly recommended by colleagues.
Unfortunately, we were the only diners in the whole restaurant so obviously lacked an atmosphere. My wife ordered all the food and we were not let down. The kids had the Manti and we ordered a variety of dishes; Patrician Salatasi (roasted eggplant pure), Gavuragi Salatasi (cucumber, tomato, walnut salad); Lahmacun; Mucver (Zucchini pancakes and my personal favorite!) and the Hunker Begendi (lamb and eggplant). Finished off with Turkish coffee and Cikolate Sufle.
As it was my wife's birthday the owner, Emre had arranged a bouquet of roses for my wife, which was a wonderful gesture, that I've never come across before.
We had hoped to enjoy our lunch in relative peace from the kids, since I had been told there was a playroom downstairs, but it was closed and being used for storage. The restaurant probably needs some urgent renovation since the walls were in bad shape with damp and mould. The bill was reasonable considering we had three courses and a bottle of very nice Turkish wine (Sauvignon Blanc).
Overall, it was an enjoyable outing, and will definitely go again, most probably for dinner next time in the hope we will not be dining alone.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

A lovely restaurant with great food and a real buzz. Superb, authentic Turkish food and excellent service. We were looked after by Nedim who was welcoming and attentive and helped with our food and wine choices. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Wow, this was a great night. Deliciously authentic food and excellent service set the tone in this family owned and operated restaurant. I believe that this rivals most restaurants I've eaten at in Istanbul and Bursa, at a great price in downtown Shanghai. We will definitely be back here with our team, this is a perfect spot for a large group of business associates to enjoy.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was selected for us and we not disappointed. The food was outstanding. I wish I could remember what was ordered. Everything was fresh and tasty. We had 8 children with us also and they were will taken care of by the staff. The spices used were wonderful. A bustling restaurant with happy dinners. Would definitely recommend you go and enjoy!

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Dined her with friends and had a nice meal. The decor and atmosphere was modern/fresh and the setting was very comfortable. Staff was very attentive, hospitable, genuine and kind. We had a lamb dish (signature) and thought it was perfect. Ice cream was below average (compared to what you get in Istanbul). I would come back again and would classify it as "highly recommended".

1  Thank dabbagmm