All reviews pleasant stay at this hotel spoke english convenience store breakfast spread chinese hotels room was spacious beautiful hotel china atm minibar metro concierge
Reviewed 3 July 2016

This is good hotel but honestly not 5 star, room sizes are ok but air conditioning absolutely not good in rooms although they install small cooler in the room but not good enough for room cooling. High priced hotel but not near to many things.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Yousaf M
GRM5288, Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Shanghai Baolong Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Grand Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I stayed at this hotel with my family on 2 separate nights during our 7 day tour of China. It is an overall solid hotel and I can say that I had a consistently good experience both times. The lobby is very nice and spacious, with a lounge, some shops, and a restaurant. The rooms are on the small side and feel a bit dated, but they are comfortable and clean. The food at the restaurant downstairs is solid, offering a good mix of Western and Asian cuisines. Location wise, it seems a little removed from central Shanghai, but as we were on a tour with provided transportation, it was not a big deal. Like many hotels of this level, I think it offers a solid value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
GRM5288, Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Guest:
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Shanghai Baolong Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Centrally located, the hotel has all the brick and mortar to make it a great hotel, but lacks heart. The front office was least helpful, the refills in the buffet were ignored, the housekeeping was cold.
The room was medium sized and just about served the purpose of hopping into bed. The view from several rooms I saw were bad.

Room Tip: None of the rooms I saw were great location
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Dear guest:

At BaoLong Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

This Hotel is very nice, they have big Lobby. The Staff is very nice and the check in process is smooth. The room also nice and the breakfast also nice and big. The Parking Space for car or bus also big. Recomended Hotel..

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Ferry_Kasenda
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Reviewed 17 February 2016

This was our last stop before leaving China. We had some free time and wanted to visit the famous 3.4-mile-long Nanjing Road shopping street. We discovered that a city bus stop is close to the hotel with a direct route to Nanjing Road but that coins are the preferred payment. It was a bit packed early in the morning. Also learn quickly what the way is, enter at the front but then move to the back as one disembark at the side. It seems to be much more convenient than the metro train where you have to change stations. On our return the bus driver was very helpful to direct us to the closest bus stop to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank MIMSPretoria
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016