“Luxury 4 star Hotel with 5 star facilities”

Baolong Hotel Shanghai
Ranked #163 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 29 August 2016

An exclusive four star hotel with five star hotel comfort and luxury. A big property with rooms up to 22 floor .... a great view to the whole city & suburbs.
I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. I really enjoyed my stay here. I can recommend this hotel for a family, solo, couple, business or a big group tour.
The buffet breakfast is very good with variety of food. The hotel is not very close to the main city area but there are many small restaurants and shops near the hotel.
Hotel staff are friendly and are willing to help you at any time..... but limited to communication in English.

Room Tip: If you are a slow walker or difficulty in walking, please request for a room closer to the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Shanghai Baolong Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

This is good hotel but honestly not 5 star, room sizes are ok but air conditioning absolutely not good in rooms although they install small cooler in the room but not good enough for room cooling. High priced hotel but not near to many things.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Yousaf M
GRM5288, Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Shanghai Baolong Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Grand Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I stayed at this hotel with my family on 2 separate nights during our 7 day tour of China. It is an overall solid hotel and I can say that I had a consistently good experience both times. The lobby is very nice and spacious, with a lounge, some shops, and a restaurant. The rooms are on the small side and feel a bit dated, but they are comfortable and clean. The food at the restaurant downstairs is solid, offering a good mix of Western and Asian cuisines. Location wise, it seems a little removed from central Shanghai, but as we were on a tour with provided transportation, it was not a big deal. Like many hotels of this level, I think it offers a solid value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
GRM5288, Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Centrally located, the hotel has all the brick and mortar to make it a great hotel, but lacks heart. The front office was least helpful, the refills in the buffet were ignored, the housekeeping was cold.
The room was medium sized and just about served the purpose of hopping into bed. The view from several rooms I saw were bad.

Room Tip: None of the rooms I saw were great location
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Dear guest:

At BaoLong Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

This Hotel is very nice, they have big Lobby. The Staff is very nice and the check in process is smooth. The room also nice and the breakfast also nice and big. The Parking Space for car or bus also big. Recomended Hotel..

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Ferry_Kasenda
GRM5288, Guest Relations Manager at Baolong Hotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016