1,024 results
All reviewsthe main train stationexecutive clubtravel agentconvenient locationbusiness triptaxi driverinnskfclinetaxisloungeconvenienceexitbundstarbucksyuan
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The Holiday Inn was everything we needed. Close to the subway so we could sightsee through the day. It's located in the Downtown area so it's not central to the major tourist sights, however the subway is easy to navigate. We found it difficult to find somewhere close by to eat out, but I guess we didn't know where to look. The hotel has fast wifi, a good restaurant and reliable facilities. A solid recommendation.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank misshazeyeyed
june w, Marketing Communication Executive at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear misshazeyeyed,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown. Our hotel is located in the commercial centre of Shanghai Jing'an District, only 5 minutes walking distance to Shanghai Railway Station. The metro station is not far. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Executive Secretary Fiona Wang

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is not best Holiday Inn u may find. Room is smaller than usual Holiday inn.

I couldnt find boiler kettle also. (Not sure if its available in the room )

However, its considered cheap for the location in Shanghai. It just walking distance from Shanghai Station.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
june w, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear AndyDarwin,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown. As you mentioned, our hotel is located in the commercial centre of Shanghai Jing’an District and only 5 minutes walking distance to Shanghai Railway Station and subway entrance of line 1/3/4. However, we are sorry for the room size did not meet your expectation. Along with the further improvements of our services, we will provide you a more enjoyable experience while staying with us.
Please give us a chance to show how we care your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Holiday inn Downtown Shanghai is a nice comfortable hotel.

A big lobby awaits you. The reception people make the check in rather quick.

I was given a clean and tidy room with bathroom.

The hotel offers good breakfast on first floor with view of lobby for specially IHG preferred guest.

As it seems to be busy hotel, they also offer small set of breakfast for its club lounge members.

I had a Chance to use this lounge couple of times off times as well as during happy hours and it definitely fulfill the meaning of it.

Recommended property to stay in bustling city of Shanghai from IHG

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
june w, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us with regards to our hotel Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtwon. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and recognized us as a nice comfortable hotel. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
Marketing Communication Executive
June Wang

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I didn't choose this hotel; it was booked for me by a business colleague whose office is just across the street. Since I was only staying 1 night, I didn't bother to check the reviews.

I arrived around 9PM and was surprised only 1 person at check-in. Their copier was having an issue and cannot copy my passport that it took 30-minutes at check-in. Immediately I can tell the hotel is old. Very disappointed with my room, it was dark, cracked walls, uneven paint, dirty fixtures and wood furniture edges were already broken (see all photos). The room was...just see the photos and judge for yourself.

Called Room Service which took a lot of effort to order a simple meal. There was an instruction to call again after meal, which I did and I was told to put the tray outside the room by the door so they can pick-up the tray. Next morning the tray was still on the floor.

Buffet breakfast was below average, they have someone to serve coffee or any drinks to your table, which is a plus, they have soup and omelet bar as well.

Checkout is still "old school"...slow, and they have to scan your credit card again which newer hotels does not do anymore.

Among the 5 hotels I've stayed on my 3 weeks trip, Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown is the 2nd worst hotel...the 1st was Holiday Inn Express in Pasay Philippines (see my review).

Now the question: Will I stay here again? I told my colleague not to book this hotel for me ever again; there are a lot of other choices and newer hotels

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
june w, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear celsius888,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown. We are so sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with the stay experience with us this time. We would like to take the opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our services may have caused you.
Your comments about the check-in and check-out efficiency, we will certainly look into the copy machine and POS machine to ensure them work well to avoid what you’ve suffered happen again. From the room service, we have ticked all the points you have mentioned and found corrective actions to enhance the service quality. Rest assured that we are looking into both our software and hardware facilities to provide all our guests a more memorable experience while staying with us.
We hope this would not deter you from choosing Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown again in the future and have one more chance to show how we care your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you to know more details. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

In terms of location, don't think twice! It is probably the best located hotel near the railway station and the metro.
Impressive lobby and front desk area but when getting up to the rooms you feel like you are in a 7Days Inn. Low ceiling corridors and rooms acceptable in size and cleanliness but I've stayed in better Holiday Inn Express.
Generally a good experience with most staff being really helpful.
One more thing: very long check-in and extremely long check-out even for Rewards Club members. Some people in the front desk are not so fluent in English and their responses may be construed as plain rude (which is probably not the case).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
june w, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear AlexPOxford_UK,
Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback of your recent stay experience with us at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown. We are glad to hear that our convenient location memorized you. However, about the room size and staff English level, we would like to assure you that we are looking into both our software and hardware facilities and taking improvement actions to provide you a more memorable experience while staying with us next time.
We hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!