All reviewsst regisbutler servicecentury avenuespg platinumpvg airportbeautiful propertytop floorclose to metro stationacross the riverexecutive loungebusiness areaexcellent hotelwater pressurethe financial districtbuffet breakfasthotel is locatedrooms are large
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel to give it a try since it is in Pudong and I had a conference around there. Upon entering the lobby, I felt like I already made a mistake. Unlike other Luxury Collection hotels, this lobby is dated and seems like it came out of the late 80s/early 90s. Upon entering the room, same feeling, and the bathroom fittings are all oxidizing and fracking. However, the worst aspect is that there seems to be a lack of management. Went to the swimming pool and it was ok, but the lifeguard was sleeping the first time and he was eating fast food at the pool tables the second time. When it came time to check out, I was waiting as the only person on the counter was dealing with another customer. Multiple staff went in and out of the back office without offering to help. I finally complained and after another 10 mins, someone came out. I then asked to see a manager, whom they could not find. And in the end, I left leaving a note for the manager to call, didn’t receive one before I left Shanghai 8 hours later. In looking at the reviews on Starwood, found out that most ppl had the same kind of experience. The management of the hotel is so lacking that their response to these reviews are standardized and exactly the same. As such, they really don’t seem to care about guests well being. This is NOT up to Luxury Collection standards.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Ivan T
Leon L, Marcom trainee at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your recent experienced stay at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai. Please accept our sincere apology to you., and we assure you that the necessary action of service improvement will be conducted immediately. We thank you for your kind concern and comment with which we can promote ourselves, with which we can approach to the perfect.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Hongta Hotel Shanghai is the big and luxury hotel in this area. The room is comfortable and spacious with full of needed facilities. I have no complain especially the cleanliness. The bathroom is very big deserves for a 5stars hotel. No outside noise impact the private area. That is good. From this hotel, there are many choices of restaurant which is walking distance. Family store locates in the other side of the road.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RyanK3450
Leon L, Marcom trainee at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Reviewed 27 September 2017

A very decent hotel. A great lobby with a mezzanine level with a bar and great coffee.
Quality rooms.

The rooftop level has a business centre, amazing views of the city.
A restaurant as well, although expensive prices, prices started at 280-300RMB for a main meal, but the quality was 5 star.

No complaints from me whatsoever with this hotel.

The nearby area was a little quiet. Not many close by restaurants to choose from, but a few on the adjacent street.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Leon L, Marcom trainee at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I am a SPG platinum member and they treated me like platinum. This is my 2nd stay here. The staff are very polite and helpful. Hats off to door man Milos, check in clerk Wendy for their help during my stay. I highly recommend this hotel. Access to 2 subways within a block or 2. Good shopping near by and restaurants galore.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trunorth2015
Leon L, Marcom trainee at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The hotel is a decent hotel - I won't call it luxury though. It has a design that is more classic in nature, and you can sense that it is a hotel that was built in the late 90's or early 2000's.

However, if you're more budget conscious (i.e. spending USD 150 or less per night) when you need to have business meetings in Pudong, esp. in the Financial District, this could be a good choice, as it is only 2.5 km away from the Lu Jia Cui financial district. And the room is pretty decent - It is fairly spacious - and the housekeeping staffs do keep it in good shape everyday.

The hotel is located next to a main room - with lots of cafe, restaurants around it - and there is also a mid-sized shopping mall about 10 minutes walk away from it.

Hotel staffs are friendly and very helpful - A friend of mine came by and passed me some stuffs, and the hotel staff is nice enough to bring that to my room, and proactively pass me the message when I'm back. And they also helped me to secure a taxi to the airport during the evening peak hour.

If you're curious why it is called Hongta - In chinese it means "Red Pagoda", and it is named after a famous cigaratte brand in China, which is part of a state-owned enterprise (SOE) from the Yunnan province. And you guess it right - the hotel is part of the SOE investment property.

And if you're adventurous enough - there is a Yunnan restaurant within the hotel premise, and also a specialty store that sells the premium chinese liqour (Ba Jiu) called Mao Tai, As you can see - It is a very "local" type of hotel but it still comes with a decent settings and great hospitality.

Room Tip: A value hotel for those who have business meetings in Pudong (per nite is < $150)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Leon L, Marcom trainee at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Our team would be absolutely inspired and motivated by your comments! And we assure you that we are renovating our equipment step by step.