All reviews st regis butler service century avenue spg platinum pvg airport top floor close to metro station across the river executive lounge business area excellent hotel the financial district buffet breakfast rooms are large non smoking room amenities taxi
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

That was the third time I stayed in Hongta, each time for over a week. I don't think the hotel deserves 5 stars anymore. It's equipment is dated, e.g. air conditioner failed to cool the room below 23 centigrade regardless of how long it was running while set at 16 degrees. The technician came and measured the temperatire of the air flow out of the A.C. and claimed it works well; it clearly was not. Buffet breakfast has good choice, albeit exactly the same every day. The service is inconsistent; I asked for long espresso every day, but was getting drip coffee half the time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ark2gl
Alex H, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your recent experienced stay at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai. Please accept our sincere apology to you for service and air conditioner problem, and we assure you that the necessary action of service improvement will be conducted immediately. We thank you for your kind concern and comment with which we can promote ourselves, with which we can approach to the perfect.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

...otherwise so so.
I've stayed in the Hongta multiple times as it is in walking distance from our office.
It formerly was the St. Regis and nothing has changed since - at least not maintenance wise.
Rooms are spacious & clean but getting old. In General it is not really the kind of hotel I like - which probably influences my judgement. It has a lot of gold, thick curtains and carpets.
The hotel is totally lacking a nice bar to have a quick drink.
Besides a guy from Argentina at the front desk, most of the personal is lacking language skills. If your having a question or a special request it is not so easy to make yourself understandable. (I mentioned that during check out)
Breakfast is okay variety wise.
An ok hotel to spend a couple of nights if your just in for sleeping and breakfast.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Alex H, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your recent experienced stay at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai. Please accept our sincere apology to you for staff skill, and we assure you that the necessary action of service improvement will be conducted immediately. We thank you for your kind concern and comment with which we can promote ourselves, with which we can approach to the perfect.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I have stayed at the Hongta 3 times in the past 6 years and typically impressed with the hotel but it has gone downhill in the past year. During my most recent visit, I noted that the hotel is not what it once was. The hotel service personnel wore visibly dirty clothes, butler service is no longer a strong point and the rooms are no longer fitting of a five star. The hotel is a decent value but don't be fooled by 5 star reviews.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank BeaglesLocos
Alex H, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review. We feel terribly sorry for your disappointing on staff grooming and service, we assure you that the necessary action of service improvement will be conducted immediately.Please accept our sincere apology to you. We thank you for your kind concern and comment with which we can promote ourselves, with which we can approach to the perfect.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Short stay at the Hongta, yet it was one that Hongta demonstrated its SPG pedigree. My flight was delayed by 17 hours. I called them to cancel initially because I didn't know if I was going to go at all. They canceled my booking for me FOC. And later on when I was confirmed to go again, I called them to put on another booking and they booked me for a room at an even lower rate, which was further upgraded upon my arrival.

Hotel is nice and clean and spacious. The staff is nice if you are well dressed and treat them with courtesy. The location is also conveniently located - close to the places I had to visit in the business district. Didn't have time to check out the restaurants and other facilities.

Super value for my stay. Not sure if it just happened to be a quiet day for the hotel or I just got an excellent rate. Will come back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Eugene Y
Alex H, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Our team would be absolutely inspired and motivated by your comments!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

It says the hotel is non-smoking. You smell cigarettes throughout the whole hotel, specially in your rooms and today in the 39th floor restaurant. Also, very bad reception when checking in at night, if she was tired, believe me, I was tired too from a long flight.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank AnitaG1255
Alex H, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review. We feel terribly sorry for your disappointing on staff skill and smell of cigarettes.And we assure you that the necessary action of service improvement will be conducted immediately.Please accept our sincere apology to you. We thank you for your kind concern and comment with which we can promote ourselves, with which we can approach to the perfect.