US$98
US$79
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$172
  • Breakfast included
US$515
US$375
  • Pool
All reviewsst regisbutler servicethe executive loungecentury avenuespg platinumpvg airportbeautiful propertytop flooracross the riverclose to metro stationbusiness areaexcellent hotelfamily martwater pressurebusiness staythe financial districtbuffet breakfast
Reviewed 1 January 2008

I spent a week at the St. Regis. The staff, rooms, meals, all were first class. The staff at the St Regis is GREAT, they will make your stay a pleasure. I never had any concern for anything, from the car service to and from the airport to them adding a pillow top to my bed to make it softer.

The hotel is not in a shopping district or a night club area, if you want that then stay on the other side of the river in old Shanghai, but for a great relaxing stay after work, you can't beat this place.

One last thing, check out Malones American Cafe on the other side of town for a cold beer and a great burger too.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank chrislorl
Reviewed 20 November 2007

The St. Regis Shanghai outdid itself with service when we went there for three days to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Although I had booked a discount rate (3 nights with one night free, total price $558 including fees and taxes), we were treated like royalty. The room was luxurious with wonderful beds and the softest sheets. The spotless marble bathroom was huge with a soaking tub and rainforest shower. Our room was supplied with complimentary fresh fruit and drinking water at all times. All guests are invited to the executive lounge on the 40th floor for an elaborate breakfast spread, complete with brie. Drinks and desserts are served in the evening. There is free wireless access in the room, but if you don't want to carry your laptop, you can check your email in the executive lounge, and even borrow a book to read from the library. The pool was also a pleasure. For my daughter's birthday the hotel staff went all out: cookies and her favorite fruit (kiwi) on arrival with a birthday present, a darling panda stuffed animal. When we returned to the room that evening, they had delivered a dozen red roses and a cake that said happy birthday, complete with her name. The staff was helpful in every way, and the concierge accomodated my desire to travel by ferry, subway and foot as well as taxi by writing me little notes in Chinese to use all day long. We hated to leave such a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank dyxiamen
Reviewed 22 September 2007

The St. Regis purely is marvellous. I've never stayed in a hotel like this and I'm sure it'll take a while until I will find a compareable hotel again.

I was working in Shanghai for 5 weeks and decided to call the St. Regis home for this time - not a bad decision. The staff's great, the service excellent and the rooms are really big. No matter what room, the bathroom is impressive and the rainforest shower simply one of the best ways to start your day.

We enjoyed breakfast in the Executive Lounge which is free for SPG, the area around the hotel is great as well. You don't have to eat in the hotel, there are better places around where you can get authentic chinese food, even if you don't speek the language. Here's a must: leave the lobby, turn right and walk through the tiny park until you hit the next street, turn right again and sit down at one of the food places on the street - it's delicious.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank FalcoWinschel
Reviewed 21 September 2007

Spent 2 nights here as part of a Viking River Cruise Tour. The room was great, the service was great, the food was great, altho the only meal we ate here was breakfast. The upstairs bar makes the best cosmo I've ever had (no I didn't have one for breakfast). All-in-all, I've have to say SR was just great!

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Zoeycat
Reviewed 27 August 2007

I spent a week here on business and found the St Regis to be an oasis.
The room was beautiful and the bathroom was divine. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. The executive lounge access is limited to a higher level of booking though. It is a very intimate, quiet venue with a great view of the sunset.
I found the complimentary breakfast very nice. They have a great cup of coffee and feature dumplings, and Chinese food in addition to all the usual things westerners desire.
The exercise amenities are simply superb. They have a more than adequate selection of eliptical, tradmill, bike and rowing machines in addition to a full set of machines and free weights. Even more, men and women enjoy separate steam, sauna, and jacuzzi amenities. And then there is the beautiful pool. And also a rooftop tennis court. It just keeps going. If you need a place to live while in Shanghai, this is a good choice since it offers such a variety of amenities.
I found the Cantonese food in the on-site Chinese restaurant too bland and not surprisingly, overpriced. However, the Pudong area will demand a level of competency in Mandarin that might restrict you to the hotel venues. Once across the river, things are a bit easier for the language-challenged traveler.
Only one disappointment. . .
I received a "visit the 2nd floor gift shop for a free gift" card in my check-in package. Baloney! This is a scam based on selling reproductions of traditional art that requires buying a 300RMB silk mounting. Don't fall for it - Shanghai is full of art scams and it disappoints me that one is located in the St. Regis.
I really enjoyed this hotel. And while I have no other "St Regis experience" to measure against, I look forward to staying there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business