2,303 results
All reviews heavenly bed prego breakfast buffet spg platinum grand tower walking distance junior suite minute walk excellent hotel the executive lounge corner room concierge desk large bathroom yu garden business center fitness center an upgrade
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The location is convenient. The G/F cafe was said to be the best in Shanghai called "Stage". The quality is still good although there are now more competition. Costs RMB 120 plus VAT pretty standard. Walking to the Bund takes about 20 minutes. Close to shopping area and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
WestinShanghai, General Manager at The Westin Bund Center Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

Dear aysmak,
Thank you for choosing The Westin Bund Center Shanghai and for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear that you appreciated our convenient location and breakfast offering.

aysmak, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again. Please feel free to let us know how we can make your return stay more memorable.

Wishing you safe travels and stay well.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I recently enjoyed two brief stays at the Westin Bund in Shanghai. I had last been there about five years earlier, and I was pleased to see that they had maintained their very high standard. I arrived in the very well staffed lobby, with a large number of doormen, lobby attendants, concierges and reception desk clerks, and the check-in was quick and efficient. The non-smoking king I had originally booked was unavailable for some reason, but they quickly found me a non-smoking double which was just as nice and slightly less expensive. The room was spacious and the décor and furnishings were all clean and in good shape. There was a large glass desk with reading lamp, a comfortable armchair and side table and more than enough room to stretch out. Westin beds always make for a good night sleep. The bathroom was also very large, with a standalone tub in front of a large window, and separate shower and toilet enclosures. When I realized I had forgotten my razor and needed a replacement quickly, the folks at reception almost sprinted it into my hands. Well done. The gym was well equipped with all the equipment one could need. It was open 24 hours, which is perfect for jet lag sufferers like me with time to kill at odd hours. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a wide array of both western and Asian dishes, including Chinese, Indian and Japanese. The service was also very good, with dirty plates removed and tea cups refilled attentively. On the second of my two recent stays I was upgraded to a small suite with a separate sitting room and additional TV. The service was just as good on my return visit. Location-wise, the hotel is right near the Bund for walks along the river. On the other side it's about a 10 minute walk to the start of Nanjing Road, a very large, and sometimes very crowded pedestrian shopping street, which is perfect for people watching. There's also a subway stop there which can take you all around the city. I was glad to be back at the Westin Bund and I look forward to returning when business takes me back to Shanghai.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Andrew P,
Thank you for your loyalty and wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stays with us and very pleased to know that our continuous efforts to improve our service and facilities are being recognized in such a positive way. We certainly look forward to welcome you back Andrew P.
Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can make your next stay even better. Until then, we wish you safe travels and stay well.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

There must be some terrific hotels in Shanhai if this is rated outside the top 20.
There with Viking cruises & yet another superb hotel that they had put us up in.
As you enter the hotel, you cannot fail to be impressed by the lobby in all it's splendour.
The rooms are very spacious with everything that you could want.
Staff very helpful.

Located a mere 5 minute walk from the wonderful Bund where you see night time Shanghai in all it's glory.

What more could you want.

Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear GiffnockIain,
Thank you for your taking the time to share your great feedback. We are glad to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and truly appreciate you for highly recommending us. We are pleased to see that our continuous efforts to improve our service and facilities are being recognized in such a positive way. We hope that you may once again visit us as we would be delighted to welcome you again. Until then, we wish you safe travels and stay well.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

I always think that Hotels in Nanjing Road are better location and I was wrong. My first time in this hotel and I found the location good in exploring the city. It's near yuyuan garden and few minutes too to Nanjing pedestrian street. It's also a couple of blocks away from a subway station. Few minutes walk to the bund. Lobby is spectacular at night due to colorful staircase. I love the high ceiling lobby with ample of natural light. I had a corner studio suite which was spacious and great! Comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and cozy living room. Natural light is abundant! Good gym too. Swimming pool is small. Breakfast was ok. Overall, stay was good and I will stay here again next time!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear PEkBJ,
Thank you for choosing The Westin Bund Center Shanghai and for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to know that you will stay with us again on your next Shanghai visit. Please feel free to let us know how we can make your return stay more memorable and a full score experience. Until then, we wish you safe travels and stay well.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

The hotel is very impressive, and their Sunday brunch was recommended to us as the best in town. We were there for the National Day 4-day holiday, so we had 4 (!) brunches at 4 different hotels, and this one IS the best. First of all, the enormous atrium where it is served is lovely, airy and well-decorated. Nothing "Chinesey" about it. The entertainment program had musicians, gymnasts, magicians, etc. and the food and champagne were just so lovely! A very rich spread!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
WestinShanghai, General Manager at The Westin Bund Center Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear pkatya2015,
Thank you very much for your patronage and for providing us with a wonderful Sunday Brunch review. We hope that you will once again join our Sunday Brunch. If there's anything that we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Until then, stay well and safe travels.