1,790 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecorner roomfloor lobbynanjing roadpeople's parkhotel is centrally locatedplatinum memberfabulous hoteltop floorbreakfast buffet islocation is excellentbusiness tripshopping areafitness centerchinese restaurantsubway stationbusiness hotel
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Centrally located hotel and close to most things you need but not close to the bund - if you want the skyscraper views.

Breakfast staff could be rude sometimes - but one deserves a mention - April, she was excellent and understood our dietary requirements. The executive lounge gets full quickly so be sure you find a place. The staff at the lounge are very accommodating and helping in nature.

The room service and housekeeping are just about normal - they do not understand English so you need to stress your requests and you could be in luck!

Overall the hotel rooms need upgrading - they look old and worn out. I would stay at Grand Hyatt if I did return

Room Tip: Get the park view
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
JWMSHGM, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Dear Guest,

We thank you for you detailed feedback and for sharing your experience. I may ensure you that we did not take it lightly and have taken necessary precautions.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally shall you have any further questions.

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Fantastic location, walking distance to The Bund. Be sure to request Bund view room. Well appointed rooms, comfy beds. The Executive Lounge on the 59th floor has stunning views. The library above it (accessible by spiral staircase) has a secret door with an unobstructed view of the sights! Breakfast was superb with an international offering. Be sure to request a Shanghai Pancake! We took 2 Grayline tours arranged through the very knowledgable concierge - highly recommend the Top Attraction tour and the Water Village full day tour!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lilleah Q

Dear Guest,

It is absolutely delightful for to hear we have met all your expectations from different angles. Thank you for noticing our effort in giving our guest an opportunity to experience local culture by adding traditional breakfast dish to the breakfast. Our concierge team indeed put quite a lot of effort in planning tours for our guest.

Thank you for letting us know that we created a great memory of Shanghai for you!

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Although we request interconnected rooms for our family, the reception employee denied receiving any request from booking.com, he tried to convince me to upgrade to a suite room with double the price of my rooms to have interconnected room. We request the manager on duty to help us, he told us the hotel doesn’t have any interconnected room but the suite in the corner. However we found there are rooms interconnected!!!!
At night we found Cockroach in the room, we called the front desk and the pretend they don’t understand what I’m saying ..although I said there is Cockroach/bug/insect, we had to kill it our self , then nightshift manager arrived after half hour and we showed him the bug he was very customer focus and offer to change the room.
Next day he called us and told us the new room is ready when we arrived at the front desk they told us the room is not ready .. I told them they called us … then she checked and found is ready and she didn’t put any effort to check .

its much easy for them to be negative

At night we found some desserts as sorry from the night manager which was good gesture from the only customer oriented employees in this hotel

Last day I told the front I request late checkout@ 2:00 PM and the employee on the desk denied receiving again anything from booking.com and denied my request, I asked for the manager she told you have to check out before 2 I told her Ok I will check @ 2:00 and she kept saying before 2 !!!!
Then another manager called and told us no problem.. During the checkout I told them my stay was not good then that manager (Richard) came and Listen to me and give me free upgrade to suite in the next stay …

This is first time all this events happen in one stay for three nights … I really very appreciative for the night manager Mr. Toby Chen and Mr. Richard for trying to improve my experience with the hotel. but the front desk employees defiantly need put more efforts to help the guests

Room Tip: very difficult to get interconnected rooms if you are family with small kids
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
JWMSHGM, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. I am highly disappointed to hear that you have not had a pleasant experience during your stay. I may ensure you that further investigation and necessary meres will be taken immediately.

Please do not hesitate to contact me shall you have any further questions.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I was really impressed by this Hotel, rooms are spacious, staff are friendly, very good event facilities and additionally, the hotel is located in a great place, with easy reach to all Shanghai landmarks.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and all the respectful readers. We do indeed try to combine all the areas and maintain each and every one of them on the excellent level.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Only good things to say about the JW Marriott. The hotel is in a great location - easy to walk to many different places (Shanghai Museum, the Bund, etc.) and restaurants. The staff were top notch - VERY helpful and accommodating. The lobby area is beautifully redone and a relaxing comfortable place to just hang out or have a drink. The breakfast buffet in the morning was amazing as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed that many aspects of your stay with us. Your compliments to our team not only inspirational but motivational as well.

We look forward welcoming you back!