1,587 results
All reviews nanjing road great location club room walking street junior suite central location pedestrian mall people's square top floor metro station executive lounge min walk pudong airport people's park bund area taxi driver business trip
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Always happy and satisfied. Has high standards of French Essence. Staff friendliness is always improving and better each time I go. Only feedback is the queue at the front desk is often long. Rooms Housekeeping are good and toiletries are branded.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelSHHyland, General Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Blueboy3344,

Thank you for taking the time to share your heartwarming comments on your stay at Sofitel Hyland.
It suits me well that every time you visit us you see improvement in our service. I'm sure these comments will encourage my teams.
I'm sorry the hear that every time you come to our front desk that you have the inconvenience of a large queue, which we only have at our peak moments when all the guest come at the same time.

It's our hope to welcome you back and to serve you better with your next visit.

Robbert Rippon

Reviewed 8 August 2018

On arrival in Shanghai by rail,the taxi driver had difficulty locating the hotel. The check-in process was cumbersome requiring 'travel' to the Premier Lounge. Once in my room, there was a long delay before my luggage arrived and I had a business appointment to which to
The above minor irritations notwithstanding, my room was excellent and exceptionally clean. Staff were very polite, knowledgeable and particularly prompt/swift to respond.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelSHHyland, General Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear cnjdean,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Sofitel Hyland.
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely share with our Housekeeping team your positive feedback, i'm sure that this will encourage them.
Your ' minor irritations' I will also share with my teams. We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your ' minor irritations' are valuable for us.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Great Hotel, Great Staff, Handy to all main attractions in Shanghai, breakfast and dinner were excellent. Room was awesome, great view of the bund, great to view the light display, would recommend for both business and family travel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Sofitel Hyland. It's always a pleasure to receive such heartwarming comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great view on the Shanghai Skyline and that you enjoyed our Mosaic restaurant,

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Our family stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. Location is very good since Nanjing Road is right outside the doorstep and the view is superb. The staff is very helpful and communicates well in English. Concierge is great. The bed is quite hard though and the room smells like the previous occupants smoked cigarette. But all in all the experience was great.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear MG,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Sofitel Hyland.
It suits me well that our concierge team where able to wow you!
I'm sorry to hear that the smell in your room was not pleasant, if you would have shared this with us during your stay we could have offered you a different room.
Concerning our beds; we are currently working on renewing our beds. We hope that the next time you will stay with us you will experience your night rest better.

Thank you again and we hope that we can welcome you in the near future again.

Robbert Rippon

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect, literally. Rooms are huge (for Asia), everything is super clean, all the hotel cast is friendly, from the front desk to the hotel waitress, everyone treats you kindly.

The buffet needs a complete paragraph apart. It’s DELICIOUS. There are plenty of options (make sure to get breakfast at the main one, not at the snack place, so you have more space and dishes). The asian part it’s delicious, but the occidental options are super tasty too. They can bring you an entire pot of hot chocolate, also, they prepare crepes and eggs the way you want to. The dessert table is THE BEST, they have an almond pie or something like that that was my fave, literally took like 25 slices in my whole stay.

This is one of the best hotels I’ve stayed in, hoping to return soon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EstefFC
SofitelSHHyland, General Manager at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear EstefFC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your heartwarming comments.
It suits me well that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I will share these positive comments with our F&B team. I'm sure they will be very pleased to receive these lovely words.