“Service needs improved”

Delight Food
Ranked #2,374 of 17,565 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Food here was very nice (seafood platter) and a good selection of beers. Service was pretty bad though. There was two tables of us. One table had their full meal before another had even started. And then one person at the second table was brought his meal at least 20 mins before the others. They also brought a couple of messed up drink orders, which is no big deal but not great

Reviewed 24 January 2016

When my friends told me we were going to come here for dinner, I was so looking forward to eating buckets of mussels...when I ordered, they told me they ran out. I guess it's not their fault per say, but what a disappointment. I ended up ordering two pastas (cream and salmon, and pesto), tomato mozzarella salad, and a grilled meat platter.
The pastas were pretty standard, nothing too special. The grilled meat platted had chicken, pork and beef. The beef was excellently done and the pork ribs pulled apart very nicely. One look and you would know it's tender and juicy.
One of my friends let me taste sauce and vegetables at the bottom of their garlic cream mussel bucket and it was great. That dipped with a side order of garlic bread is worth going back for some time.

1  Thank shanghai_city_girl
Reviewed 8 June 2015

I have visited the Belgian Brasserie (Suti's place) many times in the last 4 years, when I was still living in Shanghai. Going to the Belgian Brasserie (Delight Food) was for me like going home. They have a lot of Belgian Beers and they offer great authentic Belgian food! The staff is very friendly and ofcourse Suti is a great host. If you are in Shanghai and you want to try the fantastic food from Belgium this is the only place to be! First place where I will go to eat when I visit Shanghai again!
See this link as well and you already have an idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLExowi0Zsc
For the people in China and non VPN users http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjgwNTY5Mzg4.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

Reviewed 21 January 2015

My team meets here on Sunday for a great brunch. The food is always great and the service is the best. The croissant are good and the pastries cannot be beat.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

10 friends went for dinner, 5 ate mussels, 5 got sick the same night and the day after : diarrhea, nausea, vomiting...

The day after, we call the manager, not asking for any compensation but just to warn him that there is a problem : "it cannot come from our mussels, it is impossible". Yes of course, just a coincidence then...

So not only do they serve outdated mussels, but also do they just despise you after making you sick.

Maybe we should have been more carefull when the waitress told us there were not enough mussels left for every one : it was clearly the end of their last arrival of mussels and they were to old to be eaten safely.

1  Thank Cyril729