“Perfect introduction to Hot Pot”

Shanghai Haidilao Hot Pot (Zhangyang Road)
Ranked #18 of 17,610 Restaurants in Shanghai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect introduction to Hot Pot for us as foreigners. They gave us a number and directed us to the lounge where free snacks and drinks were available.

From the time we were seated at our table, our waiter made sure we were taken care of. He communicated with us via a translate app on his phone. We were able to tailor the broth to ensure part was spicy for me, and another part was not spicy for my wife. Our waiter also recommended several meats and veggies, as well as making our dipping sauces for us.

I compare Hot Pot to fondue, only with an Asian twist. It is fantastic. In addition to your other choices, do yourself a favor and make sure you get the noodle. Yes, it is one giant noodle, and your chef will hand deliver it to your table with a show you won’t forget. Just have your cameras ready.

This is a fantastic experience with good service, in a clean and professional environment. The price is a bit steep for China, but well worth the experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I admit that they have the best services, you can have menicure while queuing. But for the hotpot itself, it is overrated, nothing really different from other store.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I always hesitate to come here for dinner as the waiting times are daunting (more than 2 hours). But after every visit, I always leave feeling delighted.

The experience starts the moment you arrive where you will be seated in a waiting area. There, you can enjoy free snacks and drinks while waiting. The ladies can even be treated to getting their nails done while waiting.

The good experience continues when we are finally used to our table. I believe Haidilao offers some of the best waiting service in Shanghai. Waiters are attentive and polite. The ingredients for the hotpot are fresh and fairly inexpensive for such a good dining experience.

I definitely recommend the la-mian (pulled noodles) as it is fun to watch the chef pull the noodles right in front of you.

You can also treat yourself to a free flow of cut fruits (usually water melon) and dessert.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Went there with 5 of my friends. We ate a lot, drank couple glasses of Haidilao beer ( new beer ). We spent about 3 hours there non stop eating and ordering.. everybody is full and ended up costing about 994 yuan only.
Would def go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Brought the family there for the first time. Long waiting time but great food and service. The spicy soup and the beef were excellent. The handmade noodles were also entertaining because a young chef will come to the table to swing the dough into noodle strands before your eyes. Great experience.