“Amazing food and good service!”

Kervan Orient Express
Ranked #549 of 17,195 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: People’s Square
Description: About Kervan Orient Express and ServicesThe popularity of Kervan Orient Express Cuisine is due to the quality of the food, affordable prices and the generosity of its owners. Our menu has grown to include more vegetarian and sea food dishes. Main dishes are served on a heap of buttery rice with grilled tomatoes, peppers and onions. Tasty Mezze and salads are ideal for lunch as is the hearty lentil soup. Kervan Orient Express also serves more conventional fare, like a sparkling array of dips and spreads with puffy bread, and the usual chops and kebabs. The service is so pleasant, you will want to linger over desserts such as baklava or milk pudding, chocolate cake and strong Turkish coffee. Our ambitious menu offers a Grand Bazaar's worth of Turkey's culinary riches, from the our signature lahmacun (pita pizzas) and pide (stuffed breads) to an enormous array of meze, appetizers hot and cold. Still hungry? Explore a wealth of kebabs, a luxury of lamb and surplus of seafood dishes like yellow fish. We offer great food, great service and very reasonable prices. Delivery Service offered. Private Room is available. And you can consider Kervan Orient Express cuisine for your next catering event as well.
Reviewed 21 February 2017

The meal i've was one of the best meals i've ever had. I know its a huge statement but it was delicious! The service was also really good. We had the meat platter and the kebabs. Would highly recommend to others.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We had a great evening at Kervan. The food, the service, the atmosphere... all fantastic. The interior is very special, almost theatrical, with high ceilings, warm colours and beautiful murals. Some nights they have belly dancing. The restaurant was pretty full the night we were there and everybody seemed to be having a lot of fun. Would recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

It may be a bit difficult to find this restaurant for the frist time customers. Inside the place, I was surprised by the interior desolation and was absolutely beautiful. The food was also great. My friends and I had Lahmacun which was one of my favorite dishes, It looks like a pizza in Turkish version. You can make your own pizza with vegetables and meats as you like. I really liked it. And then we had Lamb liver and Chicken grill. Both were very tasty for me yet some people may find it difficult to like the taste of Lamb liver, because it has a particular smell and taste but is worth trying once at least. As for desert, we had a Chocolate lava which was hot chocolate fudge with a full of melting chocolate inside and Turkish red tea, a great combination. I pretty much enjoyed the turkish dishes they serve in this restaurant. Personally one more important thing about this restaurant, not only this one but when it comes to the bathroom, it tells you about the place. The bathroom in this restaurant was kept clean and neat considering others in Shanghai. Overall, I would like to come back here again.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I enjoy Middle Eastern food and wanted to explore options in Shanghai.

I found Kervan through word of mouth and the fact that it was close to where I live was a plus.

It was very easy to find the restaurant using Apple Maps. I was seated swiftly and the waiter was able to clarify my queries quite well.

I ordered the chicken sharwama with rice. The portion was large but the chicken was absolutely terrible. I gave up trying to eat it after a few bites.

I had the Turkish beer Efes and that was the only positive aspect of my visit.

I'd not go here again.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

After 3 weeks of just Chinese food we were after something a little different. Kervan Orient Express did not disappoint. The food was lovely. Dip and bread to start followed by lamb chops and salad. A bit more expensive than the local food. We paid similar price to what we pay back in Australia for same type meal.

1  Thank gunnag0