“Excellent Service & Free Drinks at the bar for Hilton HHonors”

Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao
Ranked #55 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent Service & Free Drinks at the bar for Hilton HHonors”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My favorite hotel in hongqiao, hotel staff is very helpful, room is very spacious, love the gym, don't forget to ask for free drinks coupon when you checkin (I think you have to be Hilton HHonors members - gold to entitle that).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Thank you for the feedback posted on this website with regards to your recent stay with us!

We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and found the services to your satisfaction.

We will share your comments with our team members as this would spur them to continue extending the warm Hilton hospitality.

We are delighted that you had found our Pulse Bar to be a great venue for drinks and perfect place to wind down after a hard days' work. Your are indeed right, all of our HHonors Gold members do enjoy the benefits of evening cocktails at the Pulse Lounge in the absence of our Executive Lounge which has yet to open.

Our Tower 3 will feature our Executive Floor rooms and this is where the Executive Lounge would be located and HHonors Gold and Diamond members in line with their benefits, will have access to the Lounge and its services.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon and enjoy our services in the new Tower 3, soon!

Kind regards

Brice Pean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2012

It was so nice walking into the lobby at this Hilton, knowing it would be a pleasant stay. I only wish I had more time to enjoy the property but I got in later in the evening and left early for a flight. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Communication was easy.

Lobby, hallways and elevators were clean and well lit. My room was very nice and well laid out. It was well lit, had a wonderful bed and spacious work area with good internet (both wired and wireless). Bathroom was well lit and offered a great shower with good water pressure. There was a very good selection of TV channels and the climate control was good.

I did not spend any time at any of the restaurants or bar areas due to my short time. Upon arriving in my room I was greeted with a complimentary fruit basket and bottle of wine (Diamond level with them).

I look forward to coming back to this property when my travel brings me back to the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I greatly appreciate your feedback posted on this website with regards to your recent stay with us.

We do appreciate the positive comments on the team's service delivery and will share this with them as this would certainly motivate them to continue to deliver the Hilton hospitality.

We are also pleased to note that you have found the facilities at the hotel comfortable too.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and trust the next time you would be able to stay with us longer. In the meantime, we wish you safe travels!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 29 January 2012

In the past 15+ years I have tried around 10 hotels in various locations in Shanghai. If you fly in and out of Shanghai Hongqiao airport this is a very convenient location between the city center and the airport.

Except for a slow checkin - maybe because of a prepaid rate, where documents had to be a check in - everything was very good. I especially liked the big room, the bathroom with TV the bathtub end and the walk-in closet.

I will definately stay here agian next time this year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I greatly appreciate your feedback posted on this website with regards to your recent stay with us and am delighted to note that you had been pleased with the hotel facilities. We do however apologize for the shortcoming experienced with the check in process.

Whilst all attempts are made to provide a hassle free check in experience, there are times when additional data is required and this can cause some delay. I will share your feedback with the Front Office operations team to ensure corrective measures are put in place to ensure speed at check in!

In the meantime, we do look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future and we wish you safe travels!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at Hilton Hongqiao several weeks in 2011. It is certainly one of the better choices in Shanghai. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly with only few exceptions. The breakfast is great and the service outstanding. The gym is top class as the pool. Overall highly recommendable.
Of course the location is not central but the hotel does a good job in organizing taxis.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Reinhouse
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Greetings from the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I would like to thank you for your feedback posted on this site with regards to your recent stay and we are delighted to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also pleased to note that the team had responded well to your request for taxis. I shall share your feedback with them which I am sure will spur them to continue to deliver the Hilton hospitality that is world renowned.

Indeed, Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao's location is away from the main city centre, Hongqiao is however, fast becoming the next centre for banking and corporations. Yyou would also be pleased to know that we have recently introduced a daily scheduled shuttle service into the city centre from the hotel. Please do check with the Concierge on the timings on your next visit to us.

Again, many thanks for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I've been to Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao for 3 times and immediately loved it since my first stay.

The hotel is a superb property in terms of:

(1) Brand new property and contemporary decor

(2) Great breakfast in a restaurant, with a good combination of western, Chinese, and Japanese food.

(3) Most importantly, I always got a nice upgrade as a diamond member. Even the deluxe room is far far far better than Hilton Shanghai's executive floor rooms.

Unfortunately, all these benefits come with a cost - the location of Hongqiao isn't that great.

However, since my initial stay, I have maneuvered my booking to stay at this hotel, if possible. The front desk and concierge staff is very forthcoming and friendly.

Simply cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Wende L
HiltonSHHongqiao, General Manager at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Greetings from Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel and I will pass on your comments to the hotel team members.

Indeed, whilst the hotel is located away from the city, there are quite a few attractions located nearer to where we are such as the Hong Mei pedestrian road which you had already discovered. The walking pathway to this street is indeed well planned and there is an overhead bridge for pedestrians to use. There is also the Gubei Pedestrian street located just behind the hotel and this is just a 10 minutes’ walk.

We do hope on your next visit you would be able to discover these areas and do ask the concierge for the shortest cut by foot to these places.

Best regards,