See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Let me make it clear I was pleased with Skiline and would stay again. However, just make sure you are not expecting a 4 star hotel. Also to find it, look at the pix here because the address is misleading--the address is 199 Wulumuqi Road, literally the same building has an entrance (for an office) on Wulumuqi but with a different #. To get to the 'hotel' you have to go to the side street called "Yuyuan Branch Road" (which is different Yuyuan Road).

The location is absolutely great, in one of the top tourist locations, 5-8" walk from MRT, and also convenient to the business sector in or nearby JingAn. The room is good sized, and as a service flat you have a fridge, etc. The downsides are: 1) the building is a Class C office building, so the elevators are somewhat dirty, the smell of cigarettes everywhere; 2) in my room at least, the toilet partially faced the sink vanity, so close that when I sat I had to sit on the toilet seat diagonally as otherwise I could not fit (I'm 180cm so it's not my height really); 3) there is no lobby / concierge / doorman etc.

That said, as long as you don't expect hotel services like the above, I think it's a great value, super convenient, and would stay again whenever I need to be in that location (I have relatives nearby). However, the other cheap option I often use in SHA is the FX hotel in Xujiahui. It's right next to an MRT station, and the Xujiahui neighborhood is also very interesting, lively, even if more 'local' and less touristy. The rooms are much smaller, but the overall hotel is more like a hotel, clean elevators etc, and the price about the same.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Clarence K
Reviewed 2 August 2015

I first stayed here 3 yrs ago whilst looking for long term accommodation, the rooms were fine for the price and the best thing was laundry included. I returned again last month and found that the price hasn't increased with the same service provided. Absolute bonus! Finally, for jingan this service apartment is best for location and getting around the city.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the temple
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank kitat79
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Great wifi, washing machine and simple dryer in the room, watertap (big bottle of water for just 25 RMB), lovely cleaninglady, despite of the languagebarier they're doing the best they can (one day she took care of our laundry which was still in de washing machine). Perfect location, good neighborhood, just a few minutes from the metro line 2 (directly from the airport) or 7. Big western supermarket just around the corner (but its much cheaper to do your shopping at the small chinese supermarkets (across the street is a lovely little one).

Downsides: Poor kitchen inventory, the rooms good use some maintenance.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank ikbenmarieke
Reviewed 17 September 2014

The Skiline is an OK hotel for a citytrip: the location is excellently close to metro/bus stations and all kinds of facilities you might need.

The room could use a touch up, especially the bathroom could use some maintenance here and there. Other than that, no complaints about the service and cleaning services, that's all good. I'ts a good value for the money you spend.

I would definately go here again, but I'd look around for alternatives first, depending on the price.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dennie N
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great location near restaurants and the subway. It's located in a quieter residential area of Shanghai. It's very easy to access all the city from that location by subway or taxi (from 2 to 4$).
The place was really quiet.
The bed is extra firm like all Chinese beds. A bit too hard for western standards.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo