All reviews subway station langao road large food court a small shopping mall the club lounge hotel offer lounge staff breakfast buffet was good loved this hotel beautiful hotel gold member chinese restaurant western breakfast hotel room is large bathroom noodles excellent stay
Reviewed 19 December 2015

Stayed here three times. Front desk is quite well, bell boy depends on whom, there are good one but also mediocre one. Room are spacious with nice 5 star standard furniture and fixture, bathroom is quite nice but I don's like their design of 2 sliding doors to open up the bath tub space to make it look spacious.

Bed is comfortable, everything is clean and maintained well. Breakfast is quite well but western selection is soso. The hotel is connected by underground passage to subway and mall with a supermarket.

1  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Based on the reviews here I was expecting a great hotel and was disappointed. I must say the staff here are very good and very friendly. But I found the restaurant food disappointing, particularly at breakfast where coffee and tea was bad. The executive lounge was somewhat better and service was good there.
Housekeeping are very good at ensuring the rooms are clean and tidy. Beds have soft mattress toppers, so not the usual hard Chinese beds. The main issue though is that in colder weather (November-March) the air conditioning can only heat not cool. The room will therefore be a minimum of 23 degrees. One can turn the A/C off but the room gets even warmer. Windows open but that made no difference and outside traffic is very noisy, so not an option if you are a light sleeper. I would stay here again in summer but not in winter. Road traffic is quite bad around the hotel, and relatively short journeys can take a long time.

Room Tip: High floor.
2  Thank PaulDrinkwater
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The room was quite nice ,modern ,clean and comfortable.the bathroom was designed well. The room service was great as well.

there was shopping mall.and also some fast food restaurant like McDonald's subway and kfc in ground floor.

The swinging pool and spa was good enough.

However, Back to those days, I wasn't able to use free wifi in my room. That was only available in the lobby.so I consider it as a negative point.

And other things which was annoying was the room of dining area. The tables weren't enough. We were a 4 members family. And we couldn't find a suitable table for the breakfast.one day,we had to sit separately.and the other day the only free table to sit was the counter on the center of dining room.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I needed to stay one day in Shanghai to work. I chose this hotel as it is claimed to be very comfortable. Indeed, it was very comfortable. The rooms are superb, clean, with a beautiful view (even with the pollution), and perfectly equipped. The food at breakfast was excellent and full of variety. The staff was very polite and helpful. They spoke excellent English. The desk and office chair were comfortable, and I could work for a full day with no problem. The in-houseinternet is a bit slow...but this is to be expected in China.
My only problem was the noise from outside. Not only the horns of the cars (expected in any large city in China), but also the music noise which was quite strong from approx 18:00 to 21:00. In order to work well, I had to put my ear-phones on!

1  Thank jerry68bis
Reviewed 4 December 2015

What an amazing experience. Thank you so much Roger Wang - Resident Manager (RM).

This business trip started at the airport. We had prearranged for a Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel Car to collect us. as soon as we entered arrivals, the driver acknowledged us, and took our luggage to the vehicle.

On arrival at The Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, Roger Wang (RM) was waiting at the entrance to greet us, take us to the check-in desk, and then escorted us to the 19th floor in the super swift lift, to our suite. What a gentleman.

The large suite consisted of 2 bathrooms fully equipped with towels and toiletries. A very comfortable king size bed (we had to ensure our clocks were set or alarm calls ordered to make sure we did not over sleep). A lovely sitting room equipped to seat 5-6 people, and ample storage space. We were very pleased and impressed with our suite, which was spotless.

We arranged a number of business meetings in the hotel. This process was very simple. Jeffrey and Ann helped us throughout our one week stay here. Thank you both. Everyone at the hotel we came into contact with was very professional and courteous.

We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast in the Club Lounge. There was something for everyone including eggs, noodles, cereals, and breads. I particularly enjoyed the omelettes cooked to my taste, and to perfection.

Roger Wang was always available, and always at hand to give us advice, suggestions, and just for a friendly chat. Thank you again Roger.

I am disappointed that we did not get to me Sammy Ng - General Manager. But we will make a strong effort to ensure we cross each others paths next time.

There is a mall in the basement of the hotel, for those who require food, clothing manicures, and much more. The hotel is, in my opinion, also very safe for single travellers. The Metro is also located in this area.

We used taxis quite a lot, which the Concierge arranged for us.

We had a faultless trip.

We certainly look forward to our next stay at The Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, and would highly recommend this hotel to all for any future stays you may consider in Shanghai.

Room Tip: Consider staying in a suite.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business