“Amazing Ritz Carlton Pudong Shanghai”

The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong
Ranked #3 of 5,205 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My wife and I have just spent along week end in Shanghai at the Rittz Carlton. The staff and service was amazing and the room we had 4622 with a view of the famous Bund waterfront and regarded as the symbol of Shanghai for hundreds of years on the west bank of Huangpu River, was incredible. The Chines and Italian restaurants were both excellent with stunning views of Shanghai. All the staff are very friendly, polite and nothing is to much trouble for them. They truly serve you with a passion and what you to have the best stay ever. My wife Deborah and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Shanghai.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Ritz-SHASZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear M7391JNkeiths

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and for recommending The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong to the wider TripAdvisor community.

I was delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, especially our incredible views and amazing service. It is our highest mission to provide genuine care and a memorable experience to each guest. Thank you also for highlighting our Italian restaurant Scena and our Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant Jin Xuan.

Once again, I appreciate your kind words and our Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to seeing you soon.

Andrew Houghton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I will recommend the Ritz-Carlton Shanghai to anyone the staff is a delight so courteous and helpful
It’s like staying with loving family members. If you are looking for a home away from home book your next say at the Ritz-Carlton Shanghai

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Ritz-SHASZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Sherylin M

Thank you for sharing your recognition with the TripAdvisor community.

I was delighted to read you and your family enjoyed staying with us and thank you for highlighting the exceptional service you received from our Ladies and Gentlemen. I shared your kind words with my team this morning.

Our Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This was our second time to Shanghai, but our best hotel stay there! The service, the staff were amazing!! Will definitely stay here again when we return! we stayed club level. The service was impeccable! We loved Scena the Italian restaurant. Candace, Kevin, and Jack were all a great help! Wish I could remember the rest of the fabulous staffs name! Many thanks to all of the staff for a wonderful stay, and our room was beautiful and clean! Will return!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Ritz-SHASZ, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear ann marie k

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton Hotel for your recent stay in Shanghai, and thank you also for your amazing review.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen, especially Candace, Kevin and Jack as well as the Club Lounge and Scena teams. I have passed along your compliments to them.

All our Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is the second time I have been here, a friendly and sweet welcome from Miss.Skye Lu. No matter the order take or wine serving, fast and considerable, I like the Italian food here, as I operated a Italian restaurant before. Here is so perfessional and traditional taste. The price of food is okay, the wine is a little bit expensive than average check around Shanghai. Still valuable...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mingle6

Thank you for returning to our hotel and for sharing your valuable comments with the TripAdvisor community.

I was delighted to learn that you received a friendly and warm welcome from Skye, and thank you for highlighting the professional service and traditional Italian foods at our Scena restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This is my third visit to this exceptional property this year. Each time, I am truly impressed by the rooms and public areas. They are spectacular. The same must be said of the views that the hotel commands at the top on one of Shanghai’s tallest buildings.

The spa is very nice. It has a very serene atmosphere, and the treatments exceeded my expectations. Emma, the spa manager, was particularly warm and helpful for me, and I sincerely appreciate her hospitality and willingness to be so kind.

Room service was also wonderful. A very tasty burger gave me a new lease on life one night. :)

I’d also like to take a moment to highlight the wonderful afternoon tea service. The scones, savories, and sweets were all top notch and delicious. Once again, I was shown service that far exceeded my expectations from the lovely Denny in Aurora lounge. She brought me newspapers and was nice enough to even package up the things i did not eat (and toss in a couple extras of my favorites) for me to take with me on my late flight.

Lastly, I would say that the concierge team is highly skilled. In particular, Mike is man who gets things done. Also, his English is truly perfect, so if you even find yourself needing to explain or request something complicated to explain, I suggest seeking him out. He will take good care of you.

Thank you all for another lovely stay!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear RamblingRazorback

Thank you for your loyalty towards "The Ritz-Carlton" brand" and for taking the time to share your wonderful reviews with TripAdvisor Community.

I am proud that our Ladies and Gentlemen created memorable experiences for you throughout your stay, and I especially thank you for recognizing the personalized and attentive service provided by Emma, Denny and Mike. Your kind words have been shared with my team.

All our Ladies and Gentlemen look forward to welcoming you back soon.