All reviews shanghai pudong airport south wing early departure convenient hotel maglev station night's sleep chinese hotels laptop checkin yuan
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is at a super convenient location and great for a layover.

Pros: decent sized rooms, easy to find, clean, round beds (kind of neat!), big windows, convenient location.

HOWEVER, I left the hotel crying and will NEVER stay here again.

Cons: outdated, smelly hallways, Wi-Fi issues and the pathetic customer service.

I made sure I took out cash for the deposit(as I read that they only take cash so I was being prepared). The cost of the room was CNY 498. So I paid that on my credit card (with proof) and brought CNY 500 with me to check in. I went to give the front desk staff (female, super short hair in the South Tower) the cash. She told me I owed 800. I showed her a print off of my payment and said I only owe CNY 498. She argued with me through the use of a translation app that I owe 800 or I couldn't stay. Mind you, it was 3am and I had no where else to go otherwise I would have. She would snicker to the guy sitting beside her and had no intentions of backing down. I tried to show her my bank statement but the internet wasn't working. After half an hour of arguing I paid her the 800 CNY and figured I'd show her my bank statement in the morning. In the Morning, as soon as she saw me she grabbed her things and sped off. I tried to get her attention but she purposely did not look up. She stole CNY 300 from me. When I explained it to another front desk worker she said I would be refunded both amounts (she lied to me to get me to leave). They take full advantage of English speakers. I have tried to contact the hotel since with no luck!

Great place to stay if you don't mind the possibility of being overcharged and disrespected.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
10  Thank Britney B
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

If you arrive from a long overseas trip, and you just need a bed, this is a good option. Located between terminal 1 and 2 ( no need for taxi or shuttle) the cost is reasonable but book online so that way is less expensive.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

This is an excellent choice if you have an early flight or arriving late as the airport is within walking distance from the arrivals hall at PVG. Accommodation is nothing special but rooms are very comfortable and quiet.There are also plenty of eating places at the airport itself. If you are after fast foods, the congee is a good healthy alternative at McDonalds.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The best place to stay during the stop over or taking rest in Shanghai airport , the hotel is situated right in the airport terminal , you can easily walk to and from airport terminal to hotel.
Please note the rooms are generally fully occupied so please book the rooms is advance.

Date of stay: December 2017
2  Thank PrakashChandraG3
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

If you have an early flight out of PVG in the morning, it doesn’t get any more convenient than this location. As you have no doubt already seen, it is situated directly between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.

Step out the door of either the north or south building and you are looking directly at an elevator that will take you into the airport itself. There you will find available fast food restaurants and a 24 hour Starbucks.

The staff was more friendly this time when I checked in then they have been over the years. I hope this is a trend that is starting.

The rooms are exceedingly shabby. The furniture is old and likely wasn’t very good when it was new.

One trait you can count on with this hotel, is that the air conditioning hardly works at all. Chinese hotels, in general, tend to be less well air conditioned than in other countries, even in Asia. They seem to be better in Shanghai then they are in other towns. Not this one. You might as well be in a small hotel in the interior of China. It is hot in the summertime.

Date of stay: June 2018