Lowest prices for your stay
US$379
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$379
PricelineUS$380
eDreamsUS$380
All reviews urban cafe zuk bar retreat spa taikoo hui la scala restaurant small luxury hotel art pieces studio room guest experience manager daily breakfast west nanjing road service quality business trip the check in process the hotel offers wonderful hotel swimming pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2021

This boutique hotel is nestled in the city centre in a very convenient location. You can literally expore the city centre entirely on foot, a subway station is less than 5 mins walk from the hotel.
The rooms are clean and of a good size. Checking in was a breeze and staff were extrenely friendly. Best part is their breakfast on Saturday morning extends until 11am. That gave us more sleep-in time on Saturday morning

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management response:Responded 21 March 2021

Dear geraldang2021,

I appreciate your positive feedback on your overall experience with us. At The Sukhothai Shanghai, our dedicated associates are always readily on hand to curate an experiential experience for each and every of our guests and I am glad that it was reflected in your recent stay with us. Your compliment means a lot to us as we strive to perfect our service quality as we move forward.

Reviewed 15 February 2021

We got upgraded (it was Valentine's day and we chose Sukhothai for our staycation) and we got the room number 1314 (in China it has a very romantic meaning, symbolizes "once and forever"). A much appreciated way to start.
The room is not huge despite the upgrade, but it's worth of a good 5 star, with a nice view, a cool bar with complementary soft drinks, elegant details, a super comfortable bed and sparkling clean.
We did not enjoy the famous Italian cousine of La Scala restaurant (closed during Chinese new year as well as the Zuk bar... two things that didn't let us enjoy the hotel's potential at 100%), and the thai food of Urban kitchen is good but nothing outstanding, as well as the food we ordered in the room (curry came without rice, and the burger was overpriced for what it was). But again, I guess most of it is because of the particular period.
The main attraction of the hotel is definitely its spa, with a huge pool, a well equipped gym and great sauna, steam room in the locker room, and main attraction (for me) experience shower reproducing perfectly a tropical atmosphere (even with a simulated thunderstorm!). Nice to try.
Breakfast is small but complete, not missing anything. We have experienced better in China, but I wouldn't say we got disappointed by Sukhothai.
I would definitely choose it for the pretty good value for money of our stay, and for business rather than for a love weekend. Overall, a very elegant-styled place, sober but definitely worth the money.

Date of stay: February 2021
Management response:Responded 17 February 2021

Dear Vitto88china,

Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

Started with drinks in Zuk bar, staff amazing and drinks were awesome. Had dinner in Urban Cafe again food was great staff were fantastic. Highly recommend a visit may stay next time rooms look great.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank WallaceAReid
Management response:Responded 17 February 2021

Dear WallacAReid,

Reviewed 1 January 2021

I highly recommend staying at Sukhothai Shanghai. The hotel brings an adorable peace, with its lights, aromas and decoration. The room is quite large, the bed is extremely comfortable, but the most interesting is the care that the whole team has with guests. My husband and I really felt welcomed and special. The staff went to great lengths to demonstrate that they were happy to help make our stay a special moment. I hope to return soon!

Date of stay: December 2020
Management response:Responded 3 January 2021

Dear Fernanda C,

I appreciate your positive feedback on your overall stay experience with us. To us, it is not about a hot cup of coffee or tea that we served in the morning, a cocktail that we concoct every evening or a meal that we prepared for our guests, it is all about assisting a ‘stranger’ to settle into a home. We are glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us.

Best regards.

Reviewed 9 November 2020

This is the 2nd staycation for me in Shanghai at the Sukhothai and my stay was excellent. It was my birthday weekend and they decorated my room (I never told them, they just knew from my information). They also gave me a lovely gift, a framed picture, and the best chocolate mousse cake! It was such a lovely weekend made even better by the experience provided by the Sukhothai. The spa is also fantastic and I always visit the spa on my visits. I have already booked my staycation for Christmas since we still can't travel out of Shanghai!

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank LindsayV857
Management response:Responded 9 November 2020

Dear LindsayV857,

Thank you for staying with us again. We truly valued your loyalty and your continued trust in our associates and services. Let us know if you will be visiting soon and I am sure we will be ready to welcome you back ‘home’ again.

With best regards.