See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for me and my staff we were attending a show in Shanghai. I chose it because of the not bad reviews. Well what a disappointment. This hotel is FILTHY and DISGUSTING service non existing shower bad and moldy the carpet moldy couldn't sleep because of the noise and screaming outside of the room. The common areas very bad in all aspects the area of the hotel nothing to see.
My recommendation STAY AWAY! There better alternatives.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Our 4-person suite was very spacious, but the bathroom setup is not ideal as the shower is in a separate bedroom and also as a clear door. Odd. Pretty clean. Fitness center involves one treadmill and a weight machine awkwardly placed in the lobby. It worked for our group, 4 chill friends in our early 20's, but I wouldn't necessarily have my mom stay there. 8-10 min walk to metro station, 6 line. It's a solid value for what you're paying for, but I don't think we'd stay there again.
The staff was friendly enough, but English was a major issue. When I asked them to call a cab to take us to the Shanghai Railway Station, they misunderstood, and had the driver take us to the airport, which ended up costing us more than 100 yuan to go somewhere we didn't even want to go. This occurred even after I tried to double check with the concierge and make sure our driver knew where he was taking us. Again, they thought they understood me, or at least pretended to, but clearly did not. We wanted to be there an hour early, but instead we made our train by running onto it with about 3 minutes to spare...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda A
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We were a group of 3 friends and had a two floor suit there. It was quite nice and clean, but I have seen better in China. Anyway it was very good for the price ... Staff in the reception could not speak fluently English, but there was always one who could speak to a good extent (not always in the night shift). However staff was very friendly and helpful :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012

the rooms are good and the staff is helpful, the corridors look a little worn out but the rooms are in good shape, the room i was in had a sitting area ,work desk, TV and a toilet on the lower level on the upper level there was a large king sized bed , a TV and a very large bathroom with a shower and a bath tub jacuzzi .there are a few small restaurants along the street which serve some good Chinese food.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed at this place (in 2 different rooms) for a few nights. There were pros and cons with this hotel:

Pros:
* this hotel is conveniently located between a few metro stations, each just 15 mins walk away;
* rooms are spacious;
* beds are huge and comfortable;
* sufficient hot water

Cons:
* noisy and dull corridors;
* staff aren't smart enough to handle enquiries and they have no 24-hour housekeeping / conciege services!
* room layout doesn't seem logical; there ain't any telephones on the desk!
* never able to switch between TV channels

At this price range, can book at other hotels in downtown Shanghai next time.

Room Tip: Choose rooms closer to lifts. Rooms in Tower 8 are so much larger than those in Tower 3.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends