My partner and i stayed at Lomani for a week in May 2017 (really delayed review i know!).
Word can not express how great of a holiday we had. This resort is just bliss. If you are looking to just relax and unwind, this is the place for you. We have never come back from a holiday feeling so relaxed. Even though we were only there 6 nights, it honestly felt like 2 weeks.
The staff are fabulous. So friendly and most of them greeting you by name when you walk past them (which makes it just that little bit more special).
The pool cabana's are great. We spent most of our days relaxing in these, drinking cocktails and reading our books. If we weren't here, were were doing a terrific free daily activity. The only activity that wasn't free was Cloud 9 (only FJ$79), but this was by far our favourite. Do yourself a favour and make sure you get to Cloud 9!! Incredible :-)
The food was also excellent (compliments to the chef's). We still talk about the most amazing lobster pasta we have ever tried! We chose not to get the dinner package as we wanted to leave our options open to try the other restaurants (at neighbouring resorts). We didn't end up trying other restaurants as we just couldn't bring ourselves to leave the peace and quiet of Lomani (other resorts full of screaming children).
I see some reviews saying it is expensive, but we found it to be fairly similar pricing to Australia (average of AU$15 cocktails, AU$8-$10 beers, AU$20 Entree and AU$35-$40 main meals).
Overall, this was probably one of our favourite holidays and are already talking about going back again next year, and hopefully getting married here in 2019 (when i finally get organised!).
Vinaka Lomani :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island