I stayed here for 5 nights as friends were getting married at Plantation Island and, well, the fact that Lomani is child free was a winner. The resort is very nice and well maintained. All the staff were very friendly. We ate at the restaurant every day (no meal package) and thought it was reasonable value and the quality of the food was always very good. The beachfront to this resort is ok, but certainly by far not the best in Fiji. It is not your picture post card blue water with fantastic coral. It is tidal and somewhat shallow, so the water is always warm. In saying that, the resort offers open ocean snorkelling trips every day to a spot just off the break (about 10 mins by boat). The water is so blue and crystal clear you can see the coloured fish and coral below. It is magical. Definitely an 8 out of 10. The resort pool is also very nice. Because the resort itself is not big and there are no children, it is lovely and peaceful. We were in a beachfront bure which was very comfortable, although set back a bit too far from the beach (10-15 metres). The one negative we experienced when we stayed (in early September 2011) was the mosquitos. Aeroguard is provided free of charge in your room and in a basket at reception. You couldn't leave the room without it. I wasn't too bad, but it really annoyed my husband. The resort also provide bikes free of charge. We used these to explore the island, which was fun. This is a nice resort to stay for 3-5 nights exploring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island