We recently stayed at Lomani Island for 3 nights - it was way too short! This resort is fantastic - the people are lovely, the facilities are great and there are no children allowed so it was tranquil and peaceful at all times. The resort is really seamless, from the pick up at the airport through to the ferry service and arriving at the island with a welcoming group of fiji musicians and shell necklaces! Someone is taking care of you and your bags at all times, when you get to the resort they meet you with another song, and a freshly opened chiiled coconut! Delicious! We were shown our stunning room - a beachfron Bure which is literally just steps from the beach and the beautiful clear sea, picture perfect view from the room of the palm trees, sea and distant islands. Its spectacular. The room is great, a massive bed, airocn & fan and lots of windows if you like fresh air. There is s stunning outdoor but very private shower and the bathroom is also huge with a seperate toilet. The room has a deck with loungers and an umbrella that was lovely and private. There is also a great large pool with sun loungers if you feel like hanging out by the pool or having some drinks. The resort is immaculate, with fresjh flowers everywhere in the rooms and all around the resort. We had massages at the spa which my husband and I both really enjoyed. The resort also has activities if you are that way inclined - we went on 2 snorkelling trips which were both fantastic even though it was my first time snorkelling. The activities guy was really helpful and patient with me! You can also use the bicylces at the resort to explore the island which is a really easy and fun ride. We spent quite a lot of time kayaking around the island which is lovely as the water is so clear and shallow that you can see the fish and coral beneath you as you glide past. The waster is really beautiful and clear.
The island itself is really beautiful and offers a bit of everything - we tried all the different dining options at the other resorts (plantantion island and Musket cove) but found Lomani's Flame Tree Restaurant to be way above anything else on the island. The quality and vareity of food was superb and service excellent. The cocktails were also great especially when drunk out of a fresh coconut! for a special evening the staff placed a table down on the beach for us with flame torches and we had dinner down there next to the sea.. it was stunning!
There are some fun things to do on the island, Musket cove is popular with the yachting crowd and there are lots of boats to look at and a great island bar where you can drink fiji bitter with your feet in the sand and watch the sunset. The various restaurants on the island have theme evenings and jazz bands and loads of stuff to doif you want to.
There are 2 little supermarkets where you can get the basics if you forgot something like toiletries and you can get fresh fruit, icecreams etc. There is also a wonderful medical nurse on the island who really helped me when my ears got blocked up from so much time underwater. Really there is everything you need.
My only wish was that we had stayed longer - I wasnt ready to go home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomani is an adults only boutique resort in the Mamanuca group of islands. "Lomani" is the Fijian word for love, and you will be sure to fall in love with this idyllic paradise. The resort has just 24 rooms that front a pristine white sand beach and sheltered lagoon. Relax with a massage by the pool, or get active with a range of complimentary watersports activities. Ideal for honeymoons or those seeking a peaceful escape. All Rates Include The Following : -Full American Breakfast -Wash, dry and fold laundry service . -All Guests are greeted with a shell lei and fresh green coconut upon arrival -Free WIFI for all in-house guests at Lomani,Available on 2 devices per room -Complimentary facilities: Kayaks, glass-bottomed kayaks, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, bicycles, snorkelling equipment, gym, chill out lounge with big screen TV, pool table & showers, 35 metre freshwater swimming pool. -Complimentary tours and activities: Outer reef snorkelling trip (daily), Dolphin Safari tour* (once a week), Guided Village Tour* (once a week), Guided Island Tour, handline fishing trip*, coconut husking demonstration, kava ceremony, sulu-tying lesson, basket weaving lesson, Manager’s Cocktail Party (Wednesday) *Note : These activities are operated according to tides and are therefore not run at the same time or day every week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Lomani Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomani Island Hotel Malolo Lailai Island
- Lomani Island Resort Fiji/Malolo Lailai Island