1,910 results
All reviews plantation island garden bure coral restaurant kids club musket cove family holiday poolside room meal plan fish black coral cash card lomani end great family coco hut three star inflatable water park copra shed
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I recently stayed here with my 4 year old son. We had a nice time, but there are many improvements that are needed and when they say they are on Fiji time, they mean it. We stayed in a beach front bure, beautiful position, room was clean, very basic. I thought the kids club was quite ordinary, but that might be because friends raved about it and my expectations were too high. Waited five hours for sheets after three calls and a trip to Reception. For the cost of the room per night, this is unacceptable. Sheets are not changed every day. Food was average - need to go to other restaurants for better food. Insufficient snorkels, gone by the morning. Again, unacceptable when that is what you go for. Bike hire should just be free and included in the cost as far as I'm concerned. I've come back and am disgusted at how little the Fijians are paid to work at this resort and so out of sheer outrage at their low wage, I will not return. No wonder they all want to come here to live. While we lap it in luxury, they get paid what we might get in one hour. My conscience will not allow it. Overall and all that aside, for the money they need to brush up on a few things. Main pool has no shade so very hard to stay there for long at all. It is expected you book dinner in the morning. I don't want to book dinner, I'm on a resort and want to eat when I'm hungry. My son loved it, was in the pool most of the time. Didn't like kids club, never wanted to go. Kayak was great, snorkeling good. If they paid their staff a decent wage and I knew they were being treated well, I would return. Well worth a day trip to the other islands to compare. Castaway, Mololo and Manu. Another VERY important thing to mention, is that don't necessarily think it's quiet. If you "happen" to be next to people that are loud, you will hear it Bure's are close. On my second night (and we were upgraded which I'm very thankful for) the lady next to us demanded to be moved because a kiwi was bashing his girlfriend at the resort. Instead of kicking them out, it appears they were allowed to stay. There was a wedding on everyday, bridal party was loud, playing music and drinking. Nothing you can do about this and I didn't bother complaining as it only happened the once. The rest of weddings could have been much further away than us. So next time you are spending up to $450 a night just remember where that money is going and it ain't to the workers.

Room Tip: Very simple, no mod cons - beds aren't that comfy. Tiled floor with just a bed and side tables. Bathroom is nice, no bath.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Samantha71410
PIR-management, General Manager at Plantation Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Bula Samantha

It is great to read that you and your son overall had a good stay and a nice time, and that you enjoyed your Bure and its location.

You have very high expectations and we regret we didn't meet these however I can assure you linens are changed regularly, and we do recommend restaurant bookings and have systems in place to avoid disappointment and manage our restaurants.

We have no record of any violence amongst guests over this period and I can guarantee you if there had of been it would have reported to, and dealt with by the appropriate authorities very quickly.

All our staff are paid according to and as legislated by the Fijian Government, you have been mislead and your comments are unwarranted.

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Fantastic place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Fiji. Lots of activities for the children and amazing personnel. They welcome you the Fijian way with big smiles and music... you feel instantly in love with the place. Very clean and amazing views. A variety of food served and yummy cocktails. I will definitely go back to this island with my family soon.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank carla10r
PIR-management, General Manager at Plantation Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Bula

We are delighted that you all had a great time, our people are amazing! We look forward to your families return...

Reviewed 20 November 2016

This was our second visit here after our first time four years ago. Previously we had a superb time here, this time it was a little disappointing. All the reasons that we came back for are still there, the beautiful location with superb snorkelling and swimming, the complimentary use of kayaks, paddleboards etc. , the dining on the beach, the relaxed atmosphere - these are all still great. Unfortunately the staff do not seem as enthusiastic as they once were. There are still many staff that go out of their way to make your stay great ( Ritchie and Michael in particular), however, there are many who will pass you by without acknowledgement or even a polite "bula" . Towards the end of our stay it seemed to us that many of the guests were in the way as the priority was to get the resort ready for schoolies. Imagine trying to relax at the beach where the water park is with a tractor running up and down next to you whilst workmen are building the bar for schoolies behind you. On the upside the food has improved and the water park is a great addition even if it is not particularly well supervised. The water is still crystal clear and the trip out to the sandbank is a must. If you have children up to about 11 years of age, you and they will enjoy Plantation Island. If you have more than two children then I would suggest staying in a 2 bedroom bure. The one we had seemed to be quite new and was very spacious and modern. It is well worth paying the bit extra to stay in one of these.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom garden bures are spacious and located not far from the beach and most amenties.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Col W
PIR-management, General Manager at Plantation Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Bula Col

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on the last few days of your stay, while some preparations were undertaken for the upcoming Island private charter. At all times we endeavour to keep this to a minimum.

It is great though to read that everything else went well, and in particular you saw improvement in our Food offerings...

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

Just got back from a fantastic family week at plantation island third time back and it never disappoints us. This is the perfect family location the addition of the bula bikes is awesome my daughter loved the ridding. The staff as usual are warm and welcoming. Since our last visit over 12 months ago we can see some money has been well spent around the island it's fantastic to see this happening. We had a one bedroom garden bure and will booking this again as so clean modern and well maintained. We tried black coral restaurant for first time and was so impressed we went a second time. I'm home and already planning my next trip can't wait to see more changes when we come back next year.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank julieannd2016
PIR-management, General Manager at Plantation Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Bula

Its great you and the Family had a good time, and also that you saw improvements! Many more to come as you will see next visit...

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Plantation Island Resort was the perfect place to relax. Staff are friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our requests.
Loads of activities were on offer, and the scenery was stunning.
Overall there was high standard of cleanliness throughout the resort.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank GabbyW6
PIR-management, General Manager at Plantation Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Bula

We are delighted to see that you were able to relax, and enjoy our staff's friendly service,