All reviews continental breakfast yogurt comfortable bed eggs lobby pillows
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I booked the hotel through trip advisor based on the price and reviews. I was skeptical upon arriving due to the initial mishaps with my room.
1st - I was given the wrong room number for my room. The room number I was given was already occupied. When I used the key a dog started barking and growling...which scared the crap out of me!
When I went back to the lobby the woman (*owner/manager*) I advised her that the room was occupied. She was very adamant that (*I HAD) gone to the wrong room. I advised her I went to the room she had given me. She then asked for my ID again and matter-of factly told me the correct room number. I had to then show her the room insert where *SHE* had written down the incorrect room number. She then reluctantly apologized and wrote down the correct room number. It was just an honest mistake, but her demeanor and attitude prior to seeing her mistake was not good customer service.
2nd- When I went into the correct room, it smelled like 10 packs of cigarettes! When I went back to the front desk the same woman appeared irritated that I was requesting a new room. She advised another staff member to go the room with me to verify the smell of cigarettes. (The actions of the *owner/manager* was off putting because #1 this is my SECOND trip to the lobby about a room issue #2 I DO NOT have any reason to exaggerate about the smell of the room) The *owner/manager* appeared bothered that I requested another room! I was unwilling to stay in that room not only due to the smell but MOST importantly because there is an additional charge (I think $150, but I could be wrong!) if there is smoking in the room.
So the staff member and I go BACK to the cigarette room and before entering the room she states that she could smell something outside of the door! Once she walked inside she quickly opened the window and apologetically assured me that she will make sure the front desk is aware of the stench. Now this is the 3RD time I have go down to the lobby with my bags to get a room.
The only reason I didn’t request my money back and go to another hotel is because it was late and I was exhausted from the long drive.
The room I received was clean and very spacious. The downside is this is an older building so when I turned on the air there was a lot of dust that came from the unit. The great thing was that the windows opened so I just let in some fresh air. I did have the continental breakfast, the area was very clean with a variety of fruit, cereal, muffins and bagels.
I stayed for two days with no other issues. Once I checked out I had planned on never returning! Unfortunately due to bad weather, I had to stay in Saraland. Neighboring hotels didn’t have rooms reasonable price. Unfortunately I had to return to Baymont!This time there was a male (*owner/manager) at the front desk, he was friendly and engaging. Once he pulled up my information he stated that the price had gone up which I told him I was aware. He stated since I was in town for a funeral and had stayed there for the past two nights he offered the original lower price! I was extremely thankful for his generosity and customer service. He single-handedly turned a horrible experience into a good experience just by being friendly and providing good customer service.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Saraland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking time in reviewing our hotel stay. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay and given us a chance to serve you. We continue to serve our guests to earn your business. Hope to serve in future.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Price was good, but that's all I can say about this hotel. Air conditioning in room worked when it wanted, not when we wanted or needed it. Elevator worked when it wanted. A guest or worker said the elevator has been unreliable for some time! Walking to/from our room on 3rd floor was NOT what we expect in any motel. Although just passing through on trip from Texas to Virginia, we won't be staying here again or recommending to anyone.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, request a ground floor room. Unless you like walking up and down stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your stay. We appreciate your business. We are saddened that we did not meet your expectations. Hope to serve in future.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Great place for a great price for a last minute trip! We stayed here and drove down to Orange Beach. Very clean and nice room. Staff was attentive and friendly. Would stay again if we are down in the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Saraland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking time in reviewing our hotel. Your feedback is important to us. Hope to serve in future.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

At first I didn't think anything extra of this hotel. But after a few hours here it was evident that this place was more than just a hotel. The staff and the owners are all extraordinary people. They all have made me feel at home here, even the guest are all nice! Very recommended place!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Saraland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking time in reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your stay. Look forward to serve.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

very clean rooms with nice accommodations. breakfast was very good and great customer service. I would definitely recommend this hotel fro anyone cruising. its about 6 miles from the gangway is a good neighborhood. I will stay there my next cruise this fall.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Baymont I, Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Saraland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you very much for staying in our hotel. Your feedback is important to us. Hope to serve in future.