All reviews an overnight stay short walk stayed here barrel mattresses towels interstate
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I felt like the price was very reasonable and the room was very clean. The room was large, I like that it had a little desk area and a comfortable chair near the window. The beds were also comfortable. The front desk clerks were friendly. The continental breakfast was very basic, but free, so no complaints. Overall, great value, I really loved how clean the room was!

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 4 May 2017

The help was very nice and our room was clean. The pool is tiny. The only walkable restaurants were a Wendy's and a Cracker Barrel, but the CB did have a take out menu which was good. Morning breakfast was various cereals and some sweet rolls.

Room tip: One night was sufficient. Close to I-65 exit so convenient off and on again. Also gas close by.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel was very nice & well maintained. The staff were extremely kind & helpful.
Beautiful & friendly town, highly recommend heading downtown if you have time! We were welcomed by a beautiful sunset.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We only needed to stay to sleep on our way to Florida. Staff was nice room was cold and clean the bed was not soft and they were small. The towels were big and soft. All and all good place for over night!

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2016

At check-in the man at the front counter was friendly and had my room, which was supposed to be for a four night stay all set to go and check in went smoothly.
Then it all went down hill from there.
We needed a room with a walk in shower due to mobility issues.
We were assigned room 108. As I walked in, it smelled "off" not quite smokers, even though it was supposed to be a smoke-free room. I ended up running out and getting some odor neutralizer to spray things down to remove the smell.
The bathroom had peeling paint by the exhaust fan. Okay. this isn't a $400 a night hotel, one might expect things not to be perfect...
The bed was WAAAAY past time for replacement. It was so broken down neither of us experienced anything close to a good night's sleep.
But when My partner went to shower things really started to unravel.
Rather than the shower curtain bar being placed at the proper height and distance from the wall so the curtain would contain the shower water, they had stitched an extension piece on the bottom of the curtain. There were holes in the stitching, allowing water to spray out from the curtain itself. But the bowed curtain rod extended out past the shower threshold, so basically the entire bathroom floor floods with water. The tiles are a very smooth surfaced tile that are slick when wet. Not something that the fleet of foot would want, no less someone with mobility issues. Very dangerous.
It wasn't until the next morning, after using the shower twice (and mopping up water in the bathroom, having to get extra towels from the desk to sop up the floor water) the real issue came to focus, the black mold.
I went to put on my sneakers, that had been sitting in the "closet area" which directly backs the shower wall. The bottom of my sneakers were wet. Then I pieced together what was going on. The shower was so poorly constructed and sealed that water from the shower was leaking into the wall, and had soaked the carpeting and there was black mold growing in the closet area. (photos attached)
When I went to the front desk (another person was on shift) I told them of the black mold and that we were checking out two days early. He could not have possibly showed less interest in the fact there was a problem.
Our breathing cleared up within a day or two after leaving there, though we did feel almost an immediate breathing improvement upon our departure.
Other than the room itself, the hotel is loud and noisy, the pool is good for children to use as a splash pool only. Folks have vehicles broken into. 18 wheelers park adjoining, so you can clearly hear them running all night if you're to that side of the building.
The fridge had stains in it, we didn't use the microwave,so can't comment on that. Their continental breakfast surely drives a LOT of business to the Cracker Barrel, that is in the adjoining parking lot.

Room tip: Pick another hotel
Date of stay: July 2016