“Probably a better lunch spot than dinner spot, but the food was really good”

Uncle Mick's Cajun Market & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Prattville
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Got an ahnvee for some Cajun cooking? Uncle Mick's Cajun Market & Cafe is a family-owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of historic downtown Prattville, Alabama. Our Cajun food is always hot, fresh, and ready to be served. Come as you are and enjoy authentic Cajun cuisine in our friendly, family atmosphere - where you're only "one bite away from the bayou! "Dine in" or "take-out" - the choice is yours. Not sure about the Crawfish or Corn Maque Choux? No problem! We encourage our customers to sample a variety of our entrees BEFORE making that BIG decision. Not all of our food is spicy – we have a little something for everyone. If you prefer to "fire it up" we have our own blend of Cajun hot sauce we make right here in our kitchen. Choose from Cajun entrees like Crawfish Etouffee, Seafood Gumbo, or a customer favorite, Shrimp a la Creme! We also have a nice selection of vegetables and desserts. We even have a child's plate for kids that don't know yet how much they LOVE Cajun spices. We have a Private Dining Area for parties up to 30 people - call for availability and reservations. We are only 20 minutes from Montgomery, 10 minutes from Interstate I-65, 15 minutes from Maxwell AFB, and conveniently located in central Alabama within the Montgomery River Region. There REALLY IS an "Uncle Mick"! Mickey Thompson, owner and manager, opened the doors at Uncle Mick's Cajun Market & Cafe on Mardi Gras Day in 2009, providing a piece of Southern Louisiana in the middle of "The Fountain City". Does Uncle Mick’s really serve alligator? Yes we do! Ask Uncle Mick for a free sample. We promise it won’t bite! “Y’all Come See Us!”
Reviewed 26 July 2017

In Prattville on business all this week and was looking for something aside from the chains. Uncle Micks was well rated on Trip Adviser so my coworker and I decided to give it a try. First, Uncle Micks is a counter service place. There is NOT a wait staff. So you pretty much need to decide what you want while standing in line. Second, these guys love to offer samples of basically everything they have. While that is thoughtful, if you get behind a couple who wants to sample a little of everything before deciding what they want, there is no passing lane for those behind them who already know what we want. So we stood there for at least ten minutes while they tasted this then that. Oh well, it's Alabama after all. And my big city tendencies need to remember to slow down some down here. Finally, when I ordered it was a pretty easy process from there. They have an option for just a bowl, or a full plate which is a bowl and two sides. Since we were there for dinner I opted for the plate. For me, dinner was the Shrimp in Cream (think spicy Cream of chicken soup but with shrimp), coleslaw and southern deviled egg. It was all good. My friend had the gumbo, red beans and cornbread. I was told that was all good too. One thing to know, Uncle Micks is dry. No beer, wine, nothing. So for me at least, I would for sure come back but probably for lunch. And finally, the staff could not have been nicer. Great people for sure.

1  Thank Randy T

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Great little place to eat. Clean and friendly. Since I had never been there before, Uncle Mick had me sample anything I wanted. I then had the shrimp ala cream and crawfish ettouffe (?sp) with a side of black eyed peas and dirty rice. Also got food to take back to St. Louis with me. My favorites were the shrimp and dirty rice....loved it and was even better the next day. They also had corn muffins...I prefer mine sweet but these were still palatable. Give it try if you go to Prattville.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

ordered take out on a saturday night....picked it up 5 mins after calling.....really enjoyed meals....some order bowls (just entree..no sides) others got plates (entree with 2 sides); red beans and rice, corn and black eyed peas......

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

As soon as we walked in the door, Mick knew we were visiting and immediately began providing samples of his authentic Cajun dishes. Only problem was selecting what we liked best. We are a family of 5 with kids 12, 14 & 16 who aren't always easy to please, however, we were all more than satisfied as we left and Mick wished us well on our travels. All of us chose the pork tenderloin which is the best I've ever put in my mouth. Then a variety of the shrimp, alligator, Lima beans and red beans and rice. All were tremendous. It's just a little off the path but so well worth it. And downtown Prattville is beautiful and filled with friendly folks.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Pretty sure I already left a review but TA is saying I have not....lol
I LOVE this okay, the food is amazingly good and I have never been disappointed. Don;t know what you like/ Well let Mick know, he'll let you same anything. I recommend the Shrimp de le creme or the crawfish ettouffe