“Restaurant is out of business 5/26/15”
Review of The Tavern of St Clair - CLOSED

The Tavern of St Clair
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Drove about 5 miles out of our way to go here as there is not much in the area except fact food restaurants. We pull up & it was out of business. Went to the catfish restaurant across the street & it was great.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

Food at this quaint Italian restaurant was great. The servers were very nice bit service was a little slow.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

Some of the greatest calamari I have ever had in my life. Excellent shrimp gumbo. The service was outstanding as well, I want to try other dishes next time I am in Pell City as I
hope to go fishing at Logan Martin every Spring..

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

The Tavern was picked as choice for group dinner after a day of meetings. We had a group of 15. We had reservations for 6:00. The waiter took the drink orders, and 30 minutes later the drinks arrived. He then took our orders for dinner at 6:30. Appetizers hit the table at 7:15. We were not served our dinners until 8:30. Everyone ordered steaks....never have I experienced such slow service. The steaks were lukewarm at best. 10 minutes later the waiter asks if anyone needs steak sauce....WOW. It's not the waiters fault it took so long for the chef to prepare the meals. Not once did anyone offer a hint of an apology. My estimate is we spent over $700 for poor service at the tavern and rest assured we will not be going back again.

Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

After searching and searching I saw this place through my Trip Advisor. Looked great, great reviews and what pics were available....first if you don't want to sit in the pub/smoking section make a reservation. The service was extremely slow and they were not crazy busy, unattended tables even. The St. Clair ribeye NEEDS seasoning of some sort-S&P goes a long way. The Spinach Artichoke dip was good with the pita chips-I would recommend that for an app. We were excited about soaking up some local color but was really let down.