“Food ok, slow service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2014

The service was very slow and it wasn't particularly busy. I ordered a Cobb Salad but they didn't tell me they were out of egg, just gave it to me without.

Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and it was fabulous. The service was excellent. The wait staff was extremely attentive but not overly so.

The blackened steak salad was fabulously prepared. The steak was probably some of the best I've ever had!

The portion size was perfect for lunch. I was extremely impressed with the white linen tablecloth in the ease of service. The tables are not too close together the atmosphere was fabulous for a lunch or dinner. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone that wants a nice meal in a good setting! I will definitely be here again.

1  Thank JW266
Reviewed 23 September 2014

We were hungry early and asked where we should go... the desk clerk at our motel suggested the Tavern. We were the only ones in the restaurant at 4:15 pm. Our server was great and very attentive. We ordered the Fettuccini with Chicken and the Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara. Both were very good. We ordered the house Pino Grigio, this wasn't the best, but was drinkable. On a whole we enjoyed the meal.

1  Thank mscjn55
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Likes: good food, good atmosphere for professional dinner, average value for money, three cheese fat boy pizza, chicken Alfredo.
Dislikes: slow service, took forever to get check, flies were buzzing around food.

1  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The atmosphere leaves alot to be desired. The fact that there is smoking on the pub area automatically takes it down a notch for me (and I almost left from the get-go). But the Italian fare was quite inspired and delicious. The Margherita pizza was so good that it just might be one of the best pizzas I've ever had (and I've been to Italy). The waiter was a little creepy and super sweaty, but when in Alabama, there are just some things that have to be over-looked. They would be better served to turn on the air conditioner more frequently.

1  Thank D M