“always good”

City Cafe
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Northport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 September 2017

food is always good ..fast service and friendly staff. good southern cooking...moms cooking while away from home

Reviewed 6 September 2017

What a gem! Off the beaten path. Great breakfast and lunch place. We ate there three times in the past two days. Really good home style food. Great value. Friendly service. Worth the trip!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

A tradition in this area. City Café serves up great southern fare in a no frills, old timey diner!! Fresh from the farm veggies are delicious. Mains are your typical country favorites like chicken and dumplings, beef stew, fried chicken, meat loaf, pork chop, salmon patties and fried catfish, just to name a few. A meat with four veggies will run you about $8.00 and a slice of pie $1.70!!!! Southern cooking at its best. Just like Momma used to make. I sure wish you had one in my neck of the woods.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

One of my favorites! My family and I have been going for as long as I can remember! Located in the quaint downtown area of Northport, it is just a taste of grandma's Southern kitchen. Very popular with locals and college students missing home cooking, you will probably have to stand in a line that sometimes loops out onto the sidewalk! There is nothing fancy here. The workers are friendly and have been there for years. The restaurant only serves breakfast and lunch. The menu is mostly choices of vegetables, meats and desserts. Different choices Monday through Friday. I always get the vegetable plate. I love candied yams! My husband loves liver and onions as well as catfish. The prices are unbelievably cheap! If you visit Tuscaloosa or Northport, you have to eat at City Cafe. I dream about it!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great food at a great price, not leaving hungry. Staff friendly. They could clean the place up, I know it's been there for decades but the stools and floors are just nasty!