“Now That's What I'm Talking About!”
Review of City Cafe

City Cafe
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Northport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

One of my favorites! My family and I have been going for as long as I can remember! Located in the quaint downtown area of Northport, it is just a taste of grandma's Southern kitchen. Very popular with locals and college students missing home cooking, you will probably have to stand in a line that sometimes loops out onto the sidewalk! There is nothing fancy here. The workers are friendly and have been there for years. The restaurant only serves breakfast and lunch. The menu is mostly choices of vegetables, meats and desserts. Different choices Monday through Friday. I always get the vegetable plate. I love candied yams! My husband loves liver and onions as well as catfish. The prices are unbelievably cheap! If you visit Tuscaloosa or Northport, you have to eat at City Cafe. I dream about it!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great food at a great price, not leaving hungry. Staff friendly. They could clean the place up, I know it's been there for decades but the stools and floors are just nasty!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Great for either breakfast or lunch. Be prepared to stand in line at lunch, but it's worth the wait. Excellent spot for a quick meat and 3.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

i would buy a meal ticket for 20 meals and pay 40.00 for it. i would then get a second plate for half price back in the day. not sure why i don't weigh 400 pounds. great good ol southern food

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Cheap food, excellent breakfast. Nice friendly staff. We've been eating there for years and it hasn't changed a bit and doesn't need to!