“Average to pretty good food”

Limestone Bay Trading Company
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This small restaurant is normally only open for weekday lunches. We ate there twice for a Sunday school Christmas dinner (we took up the whole place). They also cater events such as weddings. Pretty standard turkey and dressing with sides and good desserts. The old store is decorated with all kinds of "everyday" antiques, such as phones, cooking tools etc. - fun to look at and even more fun to explain to a youngster! Their hours are so limited we simply can't go there when they're normally open.

3  Thank S0uthlander

Reviewed 3 November 2011

This restaurant is located in an old store building on a stretch of abandoned highway (due to building an interstate nearby) adjacent to Mooresville, a really neat, old town. I actually patronized the store many years ago when it was a "General Merchandise" establishment. This location has the potential to be an ideal location for a restaurant......That's the good news.
My wife and I are foodies and love to visit different restaurants. We had never heard of this place, but actually stumbled upon it a while back. When we started asking around about it, no one seemed to have much info. That should have been a "red flag". Later, we stopped in one morning for a late breakfast, but the door was locked (even though the hours listed showed it should have been open). We saw some people walking on the street beside it and queried them. The reply we got was "no one eats there". I was determined to get some info and spotted a large tent in the back. I found people working back there, obviously preparing for an event. When I asked them about eating there, I got a curt response that they were setting up for a wedding reception. Sooooo....
After a few weeks to try to get some additional info and objectivity, here's my take: Even though their website says they serve food, this is really just a catering kind of place that allows friends (think "clique") to come in for breakfast and lunch. The food might be excellent, but I'll never know because this place does not meet my criteria for a quality restaurant. Keep driving.....

7  Thank cmflydelta