“Very Good BBQ”

Bluegrass Barbeque
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Moody
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We have ate here quit a few times. Everything we have ate there have been really good. The Chicken and Ribs are a must. Highly recommend you give bluegrass a try

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I was visiting my family from out of town, and they took us there for a birthday dinner. I've never been there before, and while I only live 2 counties away, luckily I never have to go back. My family had eaten there numerous times, but remarked it has been getting worse each time. We went on a Saturday night around 6 pm, and there were only a few other people there - not a good sign. While it's great for a restaurant to not be crowded, it's also not a good sign on a weekend. They seated the 6 of us at 3 tiny tables pushed together. The individual tables were wobbly and very small. Most of us ordered either the steak night steak or the bbq. I believe our server was new - so I'll not complain about her. I've been a server, and it's a great deal of work. She was trying. At least 5/6 ordered salads, only 3 received them, when a different server brought them out. This was mentioned, and they brought those missing salads after delivering the entrees, which at that point the people didn't want them, and they didn't fit on the tiny table with the huge size metal "plates." Did I mention there were only about 6 groups eating? On our side of the restaurant, there was us, and one other table. Plenty of room to spread out and not enough people to take serving time. My sirloin was served on a metal serving tray, as were the others. I thought this very unusual - especially on the tiny table. There was not enough room on the table for the 2 metal trays while we were eating. Also, and this may just be a personal preference, but cutting the steak with a metal knife on a metal tray was teeth-grinding for me. And the wobbling table, and the lack of elbow room because we were stuffed into a corner even when there was plenty of room to spread out. I could go on. It was just a bad experience made up of many small things. From reading past reviews, it used to be very good. My family even remarked when we arrived that the last time they came you couldn't get in the door, not so this time, and it shows.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

our first meal there was probably a 4, but our next visit was very poor. The food, BBQ pork on the second visit was way too vinegary, almost inedible. My son in law had the chicken and stuffing and you could hardly find the chicken. This is not a place I would recommend based on my last visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Great staff, and the food is first rate. Hard to choose between the BBQ and catfish. All the sides are fresh and familiar. We dine here monthly.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Not for us. We were not impressed. Meet was cooked well but the proof is in the sauce. This BBQ juice just didn't have anything to it. No personality. Just like store brands. The cost was a bit high for a meet and two at lunch. We'll give them another look to verify our first impression.

Been to Bluegrass Barbeque? Share your experiences!