All reviews cracker barrel sam's club great hotel and location yogurt indoor pool clean rooms stay there again around midnight breakfast selection short drive one night stay gulf shores excellent stay staff was friendly walmart hie property
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was a regular guest at this hotel. I will NEVER darken their door again. Last night’s stay fixed that. Smell of mold could be sliced with a knife in my room. Hotel was full so I could not be moved. Wish I had checked out immediately. It only got worse from there. Mold smell was worse with AC running so turned it off and sweated the night away. Carpet was wet in front of fridge and bathroom door. Floor tiles in restroom badly broken. Carpet worn through to padding by bathroom door. Bathroom floor sticky in front of sink. Left message for manager to call me in the afternoon as I would be unavailable all morning. He called in the morning, left a voicemail, and his “resolution” actually made things worse. Called him back three times, never returned my call. There are too many decent hotels in Mobile to ever stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Stan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I did reach out to you with a resolution. I check the room that morning and he A/C was fan on mode which blows air from outside in if the fan was on auto it just recirculates the in the room keeping drier and less humid to cause the dampness. I would hope that you can give us another try the next time you are in Mobile. Yoou know from your previous stays that is a great property.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here and would be sure to stay again. The rooms were exceptional and the bed was so comfy. The breakfast was tasty although the staff running it seemed to be a little hectic and not on top of things. Also with the A.C. broken downstairs it got a little hot.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Stan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much for your comments. We truly appreciate that our guests let us know they enjoyed their stay with us.
The lobby is much more comfortable now.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Decent. A tad high priced for what you get. Room was mid-size at best. Very good mattress. Clean. Tile floor in bathroom had a long crack. The fitness room had everything except free weights. They had a universal machine instead. The floor was faux hardwood on cement. The roll up pad was very thin so floor work was on a hard surface. The business center printer also copied and scanned. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good. The only trash can was in the corner of a high traffic area.

Room Tip: Ger room on back side for quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Stan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the nice comments you had for the staff friendliness and breakfast. I will definitely take a look at upgrading the work out mat in the fitness center.
Please consider us again on your next trip to Mobile.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We checked in with a very nice gentleman at the front desk. Our 2-queen room was clean. Complimentary breakfast is standard hotel fare. Members of our party really liked the cheese omelette.
We originally booked one night stay but realized by the next morning, we needed to stay one more night. The nice lady at the front desk cheerfully extended our stay for one more night at the same rate we originally booked our reservation.
My only concern was the bathroom didn't seem to have a vent. So things became really foggy, really fast during a shower. Strange. Perhaps we didn't look [hard] enough for it ...
All in all, this was a good experience.

Stayed: March 2018
Stan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for the nice comments, particularly the staff service comments. We really appreciate when our guests go out of their way to let us know about our performance. As an FYI, there actually was a problem with the bathroom vent fan, but it has been corrected.
Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group for a weekend soccer tournament in Mobile. The things that I liked about it were the location was extremely convenient to anything and everything you could possible need and it was clean. I wasn’t happy with the comfort of the beds, or the price/quality of the food. The pool was tiny and it was very cold. However, the staff were extremely friendly. I am neutral on this hotel with the pros and cons.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Stan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mobile West - I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed our guests expectations, and apparently fell short during your stay. I will review each area with the appropriate team members and will put a plan in place to correct the deficiencies immediately.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to our area.