All reviews top floor sky lounge front desk mardi gras dauphin street the hotel staff two blocks parking garage bars and restaurants room was large hotel room southern hospitality mobile alabama cruise terminal would highly recommend this hotel definitely stay here again downtown
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We went to Mobile on a getaway with some friends to enjoy some time away from our hectic crazy life. I chose Holiday Inn like I always do when I go out of town. This first visit to this particular hotel could have been better. Our first room they gave us on the 10th floor had a strong sewage odor in the room. They did move us to the 15th floor and it was much better. The only complaint was the shower was luke warm not hot at all. Also, I'm use to having a complimentary breakfast buffet from a Holiday Inn but this one does not offer it. We were given a voucher that covered some but not all our breakfast in the restaurant. We had to pay the rest. We hope to have a little better experience in the future, if we decide to stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank pinacarla
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Hello pinacarla,

Thanks for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm disappointed that issues with the water temperature and smell in the room made your stay with us less than ideal.

We are always working very hard to provide the best experiences for all of our guests. Your feedback has been shared with the hotel management as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive stay with you soon.

Kind Regards,

Clayton G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

There were 8 family members staying for a cruise. The hotel is great, easy to find and convenient to the cruise terminal. They provide cruise parking and a shuttle with your room if you need it. The staff was super friendly and gave us great advice about the local restaurants and good directions. I will definitely stay here again. I wish breakfast was included, but it is not.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Stephen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you, randys404, for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Downtown Mobile and for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments on our friendly staff and that you would recommend our hotel.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

We used this hotel for a wedding room block along with another in Mobile. The Holiday Inn was excellent. All of my guests were happy with EVERYTHING!!. The hotel front desk was very accommodating and they all had a great time. The other hotel was nothing but problems and complaints. Thanks Melissa for everything!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about the hotel itself, rooms, or dining staff. However, the desk staff is in serious need of training. Our family booked five rooms for five couples going on a cruise together. We traveled with another family couple and were the last to arrive. We were told there was only one room left. No desire to help, no "I'm sorry, let's see what we can do" just "Well there is just one room left." Turns out a sister that arrived earlier had already checked in the couple traveling with us. The next morning, my wife and I were eating in the dining room and when she went to the rest room in the lobby, the door was blocked by a large table. She went to the desk and told them the problem, and was told, "That's the only rest room we have." No reason given for the blockage, no apology, and very curt answers. Honestly, we travel a good bit all over North and South America and I will categorically say that the desk staff (both evening and morning shifts) were the rudest I've ever experienced. The girls in the dining room were excellent however.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mthompsonark
Stephen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear mrthompsonark, First and foremost, we wish to thank you for being our guest at the Holiday Inn Mobile Downtown and sending the feedback regarding your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustrations you experienced. We’re extremely disappointed that we did not measure up to your expectations and embarrassed by our performance. Apparent from your comments this concerns us a great deal for our goal here is to provide superior accommodations and excellent service to all our guests. We will not make excuses for the shortcomings but wish to assure you that this is not typical of the service we provide and again offer our apologies. Thank you again for your comments. Please know that we value your patronage and I hope that you allow us the privilege of serving you again.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The lobby is beautiful! The room they need to update the carpet is old and we had to let the hot water run for about 3 mins before it got hot to take a shower. We stayed on the 16th floor. On the backside so not much of a view. We went to the restaurant on the 17th due to the pics on website looked like it was a nice romantic restaurant. Yes, it does look like the pics but it is more of a bar atmosphere. The food was not very good. It was made at the restaurant in the first floor and brought up to us via elevator by waitress in a roll around cart with the tops over your plate like in the hospital. Not very romantic .

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 448clarisan
Stephen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear 448clarisan, Thank you for your review and candid comments on your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Mobile Downtown. Please except my apologizes for our failure to provide you the level of service you are accustomed to. I have forwarded your comments onto the operator of the restaurant in the hotel for his review on your comments on the food quality and presentation as this is not to level of service we pride ourselves on. Again, please accept my apologies.