All reviews top floor sky lounge front desk mardi gras dauphin street the hotel staff two blocks mobile bay parking garage bars and restaurants historic district room was large hotel room southern hospitality mobile alabama cruise terminal would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. We checked in the day before our cruise. The staff was pleasant and our room was very nice. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked it a second stay when we returned from our cruise. Lokking

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank vjaeandcc
Stephen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for your terrific review! We enjoyed having you as our guest at Holiday Inn Downtown-Mobile, and we're so glad you loved your visit. We appreciate your nice comments about our convenient location and that you relished our hospitality thoroughly. Thanks again for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Mobile.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I love this hotel. It is right in the heart of downtown Mobile. The rooms and facility are always clean and the staff is always friendly. I will stay here any time I am in the area. The hotel itself is lovely.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ashbcrowe

Dear Traveler, Thank you for staying with us again. We appreciate your loyalty and continued trust in our hotel and in our staff. Should your travels return to Mobile our staff is always here to welcome you.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My husband and I live in central Florida on the west coast. This past week we evacuated our home along with our 2 dogs due to Hurricane Irma. The closest room we could find was the Holiday Inn in Mobile. They usually have a no pet policy but due to the storm, they waived policy (THANK YOU!).

The staff was beyond nice and accommodating. We got in 6am and were on 24 hours of no sleep. We were exhausted from the horrible traffic of everyone else evacuating. The gentleman at the front desk was empathetic to our situation and very welcoming.

Even through our reason for being at the hotel was unpleasant, we enjoyed our time there. The rooms were roomy, great views of the city and they had a bar/club on the top floor (again great view of the city). The front desk made suggestions of where we should eat and visit during our stay. We had no issues with parking. We ate at the restaurant located in the hotel for breakfast, very tasty!

If ever in the area again, I would stay here again (if they change their "no pet" policy. If anyone at the hotel reads this review, THANK YOU! Thank you for your amazing service during a not so amazing time. It meant a lot to us!)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmyCChristine

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for your kind comments on our staff. I understand that this was a "trying time" for you with the uncertainty of the looming hurricane and being away from your home. The hotel was honored to have you and your pets stay with us and are pleased that we were able to accommodate you.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I could hear every word the people next door were saying... And doing!

Next morning I was awoken by a phone call from the front desk wanting to know what my name is. After getting that straightened out there was a knock on the door 10 minutes later. The cleaning lady wants to know what my name is. 10 minutes after that the maintenance guy tells me the manager wants to know what my name is. "If he wants to know what my name is he can check the register or get himself up here and ask for himself." These people can't get out of their own way and have no idea what they're doing.

Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Mobile Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Lee V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to unacceptable you received from our staff. I have sent you a private message in an effort to follow up on your concerns.

Rest assured that we will continuously do our best to always improve so we can accommodate you better in the future. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We are platinum IHG members, so have stayed at a lot of HI. This one is the best we have seen. Brilliant service, great rooms, great value breakfast. Plus the amazing Sky Lounge. Super value too. It is nicer than the Intercontinental in our home town. And free parking. Just book it.

Date of stay: August 2017