“Service is an issue”

Rock N Roll Roll Sushi
Ranked #210 of 746 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Sushi was good. Really interesting combinations and flavors. Sushi rice was really wet though. The man making the sushi was always moving and working. Very nice. The waitress was disinterested and apathetic. She spent more time on her phone (in plain view of all the tables) then taking care of her tables. The sushi chef would try to get her attention to take care of things but she did not care. She said “pick any table” when we came in. There were 3 available but only one was clean. . . Because she was still on her phone. Super annoying. We will not return

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We ate there on a Friday night at around 6:30 and the restaurant was packed I think they only had one sushi chef and only one server

Everything seems to take forever although everything tasted wonderful we will definitely go back but not at 6:30 they also were out of several items

Plan on spending about $20 per person without alcohol for dinner and save room for dessert

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We came on a late Saturday afternoon. The place was empty except for the two of us and another couple. Our server was very nice until another server came in. At that point we waited to place our order while they talked loudly and took selfies. The two guys who were making Sushi rolls were steady working on call in orders. Rock N Roll makes the best Crispy Crab Wontons in town, I always get them and they come out so hot you have to wait to eat. Well, not today, they were cold and not cooked all the way thru. The Scorpions Roll was very good, I am big fan of cucumber. My daughter had the Shrimp Tempura Roll and Miso Soup and gave it a huge thumbs up too. I think I will continue eating at the store on McGregor and Airport.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The place is small and is mostly a bar. I had the Madonna roll, which wasn't very impressive. I also ordered the Michael Jackson roll, which is a fried roll. Typically I don't order fried rolls because they are greasy, gummy, and heavy. Not the case at Rock n Roll!! Very light, fluffy batter (pancake batter?) Very tasty, melted in my mouth. Rock n Roll has the fried roll perfected!

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

First time trying this place. I will def be back! Menus look like album covers and all of the food is named after musicians. I got the Michael Jackson which had fried shrimp. Divine! Had the cucumber salad as a starter and that was a win as well. Friends got the spicy salad and squid salad and I tasted both, which I didn't think I would like, however it was very good! There is a small patio out front for dining outside. Service was good and food was fab! Conveniently located in Piccadilly Square right behind Krispy Kreme or across from Buffalo Wild Wings.