“Also do great breakfast!”

Dick Russell's Bar-b-q
Ranked #20 of 720 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This is a restaurant renowned for its bar-b-que, but we stopped by for breakfast, and were not disappointed. It was packed to the gills and bustling, but the staff were always moving. The food came up quickly, and was plentiful and good. The bisquits are made on site and always fresh and yummy.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner hoping for Fabulous Burgers based on recommendations

The brisket was far too salty. The chicken sandwich serving was smaller than we expected and the burger was average but not as good as I've had in Mobile so overall it was a mediocre meal

Service was very friendly definitely worth another try but nothing to write home about

Dinner was very affordable

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

had the pork sandwich, fries, tea, and cobbler. didn't find one thing to complain about. easily one of my favorite stops in mobile. highly advise going there.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

This was our first visit. The biscuits are amazingly awesome with a great buttermilk taste, you can actually taste. Among the best we have ever had. The steak biscuit is - actually and literally - a steak - it was great steal and without doubt the most awesome biscuit I have ever had - order this.

Also, the sausages were very generous in portion size like the size of a hamburger you would make at home and also very good.

However, the ham was not very good and, certainly, not country ham I do not recommend it.

While this seems like a good place there is room for improvement. I loved the old school tables and chairs yest the staff seems, well, while they are not rude at all they are like complacent - just coasting...

Free parking.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Not the Dick Russell's that I remember. Unfriendly waitress. Brought over my drink and never came back to check on me. 30 min later and no eggs & bacon. I start looking around for someone. Waitress makes eye contact and returns. She never put in my order... My order was expedited. Burned eggs, burned hash browns and warming tray bacon. Needless to say it was not edible. Waitress said that she would be back to bring me another drink. Never came back even to bring my check or ask how I was doing. Cashier didn't ask how the meal was as I would have "opened up" to her at this point. My last trip to DR's...