“very very good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

had the pork sandwich, fries, tea, and cobbler. didn't find one thing to complain about. easily one of my favorite stops in mobile. highly advise going there.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 6 January 2018

This was our first visit. The biscuits are amazingly awesome with a great buttermilk taste, you can actually taste. Among the best we have ever had. The steak biscuit is - actually and literally - a steak - it was great steal and without doubt the most awesome biscuit I have ever had - order this.

Also, the sausages were very generous in portion size like the size of a hamburger you would make at home and also very good.

However, the ham was not very good and, certainly, not country ham I do not recommend it.

While this seems like a good place there is room for improvement. I loved the old school tables and chairs yest the staff seems, well, while they are not rude at all they are like complacent - just coasting...

Free parking.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Not the Dick Russell's that I remember. Unfriendly waitress. Brought over my drink and never came back to check on me. 30 min later and no eggs & bacon. I start looking around for someone. Waitress makes eye contact and returns. She never put in my order... My order was expedited. Burned eggs, burned hash browns and warming tray bacon. Needless to say it was not edible. Waitress said that she would be back to bring me another drink. Never came back even to bring my check or ask how I was doing. Cashier didn't ask how the meal was as I would have "opened up" to her at this point. My last trip to DR's...

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered the oyster platter and it was so salty you couldn't eat it. The coleslaw was made with the outer husk of the cabbage. Then to top it off an employee reached accords our food to take something from the end of our table without saying a word.Avoid this dump!

1  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The steaks are great. Very good daily specials. My wife really likes the quarter chicken on the lunch menu. The beef and plate and the sausage plate are very good, also.

The service is outstanding! You never wait for service at this restaurant.