“Not the Dick Russell's that I remember...”

Dick Russell's Bar-b-q
Ranked #20 of 726 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Not the Dick Russell's that I remember. Unfriendly waitress. Brought over my drink and never came back to check on me. 30 min later and no eggs & bacon. I start looking around for someone. Waitress makes eye contact and returns. She never put in my order... My order was expedited. Burned eggs, burned hash browns and warming tray bacon. Needless to say it was not edible. Waitress said that she would be back to bring me another drink. Never came back even to bring my check or ask how I was doing. Cashier didn't ask how the meal was as I would have "opened up" to her at this point. My last trip to DR's...

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered the oyster platter and it was so salty you couldn't eat it. The coleslaw was made with the outer husk of the cabbage. Then to top it off an employee reached accords our food to take something from the end of our table without saying a word.Avoid this dump!

1  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The steaks are great. Very good daily specials. My wife really likes the quarter chicken on the lunch menu. The beef and plate and the sausage plate are very good, also.

The service is outstanding! You never wait for service at this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

On a random roadtrip we were deciding where to stop for lunch when we spotted the packed parking lot of Dick Russell's BBQ. With a parking lot full, the food must be good -and it was! We split the enormous sampler platter of beef pork and chicken which came with bread and 2 sides, it was plenty for 2 people. The brisket was not as moist as I would have preferred, but overall the meat was tasty. The sauce, poured over the meats on the platter, was tart with a hint of hickory sweetness. Our server was friendly and attentive. The restaraunt was decorated in a funky kind of old time lodge/roadside dive vibe, fun. If you find yourself in the area it's worth the time to stop.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Horrible food and when I brought it she didn’t say anything and walked away, never again. Smothered in nasty bbq sauce.