Book In Advance
More Information

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Melaka
from US$13.00
More Info
All reviews harmony street architectural design chinese temple head scarves small cemetery men and women chinese style prayer hall jonker street worth a visit visit this place minaret muslim worship ablutions kampung sumatra
Reviewed 22 January 2018

A woman inside the mosque asked me where I was from and welcomed me. I took off my shoes before entering the main part of the mosque. There is a designated line that I think marks the extent where visitors are supposed to go. They have robes and head scarves for women. As a man, I changed into long pants before going. Take some time to notice the beautiful ablution fountain next to the mosque. And there's also a grave yard and a huge old mango tree -- which I thought was all part of the layout of the mosque complex. I enjoyed my time there.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Bryan H
Reviewed 2 January 2018

we find this Kampung Kling Mosque by chance while exploring the area. Like the mosque history how it builds...

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Azadsh
Reviewed 25 December 2017

This mosque is still "in service" and it architecture speaks of the melting pot influence of Melaka's various inhabitants of the past. It is open to public - just put on the required dress code provided and you can wander inside with a respectful attitude.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank KH_Lye
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This is the oldest mosque in Malacca and also happens to be one of the oldest mosques in Malaysia. Originally built in wood by Indian Muslim sailors in 1748, it was rebuilt in brick in 1892. It is actually a mixture of architectural styles of Chinese, Hindu, Malay and Sumatran influence. It is just a few minutes walk from Jonker Street so ideal to explore this historical building while exploring the area.

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank SurfingWild
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The old mosque combines malay, chinese, indian & arabic architecture design. Looks special & nice. However, it's not tourists friendly

Date of experience: December 2017