All reviews night market no lift private parking street market perfect location cendol welcome drink chicken rice ball ceiling fan family room air con within walking distance room was spacious basic amenities pleasant stay short stay karaoke
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Location is fantastic if you are there over Friday to Sunday as it's just right at the start of the famous jonker night market.

Rooms are spacious and clean. Bed and pillows very comfy too. However, this hotel may not be suitable if you have elderly with you as there's no lift and you will need to take 2 steps down to get into the washroom and another 2 steps up to get into the bath tub for a shower. I was constantly worried about my parents falling in the bathroom.

I will return again if it's just with my husband and kids

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SuakuJoy
JonkerBH, General Manager at Jonker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Joy,

Thanks for staying with us! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the lack of a lift. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

We only stayed here for a night but we're still very impressed by this fancy little hotel. The rooms are very big with great amenities and it is in a very good location. The parking round the back was vital to us as we had a car with us. It is a very reasonable price and competes well with other far more expensive hotels. Bags of character. One word of warning, however, due to the nature of the building there is no lift so if you do have trouble with stairs then perhaps this hotel isn't for you.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
JonkerBH, General Manager at Jonker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your kind words and for making Jonker Boutique Hotel your choice of lodging during your stay in Malacca. As you mentioned, we are one of the only hotels in the area with a car park right next to the hotel itself. While we do lack a lift, we always do our best to ensure that it is as small an inconvenience to our guests as possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Booked one night here with my parents. Was a bit nervous when I saw the exterior facade of the building, but my fears were assuaged when I stepped into the lobby.

The lady boss was very welcoming and provided us with a welcome drink (they didn't even mind that we were three people squeezing into a room for two).

The quality of the room was superb, and decorated beautifully. We had a good rest, and we felt amazed that we could find this kind of quality, at this kind of price.

Would strongly recommend any visitor to Malacca to stay here, and this will be my choice for my next visit to Malacca.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jet174084
JonkerBH, General Manager at Jonker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and choosing to stay with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Melaka with us and are looking forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

I called to the hotel and ask quotation for the weekend stay 20-21 June, I saw their official website written for SUPER PEAK PERIOD such as festive holiday a deluxe rooms will have additional MYR 40 charges. For peak period it is MYR 318 for a deluxe room but for last week the hotel quote me for 348 (if i remember the number correctly). May I ask last weeked is Hari Raya or any special festival for Malaysia? Why it is charging the SUPER PEAK PERIOD price?

At last I give up and book the newly operate 'The Straits Hotel & Suites' - with below MYR 300 I get their Primer suites (promotion rate for their new operation)

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherinelck
JonkerBH, General Manager at Jonker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2015

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your interest in staying with us, and we're sorry that you experienced unpleasantness when inquiring about room prices. The price of MYR 348 was the price of a similarly named room type, the Premier Deluxe, which was at that price for the period you inquired about. Indeed, the Deluxe room was priced at MYR 318 at the time. We apologize for the miscommunication.

Jonker Boutique Hotel is committed to a policy of trust we have upheld since the beginning. If a mistake in room price quoting is made before, during or after a hotel stay, we ensure that it is corrected as long as it is within our power to do so.

We hope you your partner enjoyed your stay in Melaka and hope you give us a chance to make your next stay an even better one.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Jonker Boutique Hotel is situated right at one end of Jonker Walk and it is very convenient to get around Jonker Walk.
We happen to be staying on a weekday and hence a night it was pleasantly quiet. We even had satay across the street for supper. However, Iguess if it had been a weekend, it might be a tad noisy due to the night market that happens over the weekend nights.
The hotel looks rustic and nostalgic on the outside but it is well equipped in the rooms. The family room was huge and even the toilet is luxurious in space.
We also got to stay in twin-rooms since we could only book the family room for a night due to high occupancy. Again, the rooms were clean and spacious and equipped with LED flat screen TV. (So externally, looks are deceiving ;-))
The staffs were friendly and always had a smile for the guests.
The carpark behind the hotel also made it very convenient for the stay.
The only thing that wasn't ideal was the wifi. Although free, the signals were very weak and could not connect most of the time. Not a big issue but it would be really good to have better wifi connection.
Else, it has been a marvelous experience staying at the Jonker Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family