See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Though it is bang in the middle of the Palolem action, Seagull itself is peaceful with rooms (at least the ground floor ones) located around a nice garden. The triple rooms on the ground floor are good value for money especially if you are traveling with family. It is fairly clean with a small sit out. Bathrooms could do with a bit of upgrade. But all in all functional especially the triple rooms.

Room Tip: Triple rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016

We stayed here for the location; literally a stone's throw away from palolem beach. It was also close to some nice restaurants. The rooms and facilities themselves were quite basic, but they served us for what we needed and they had A/C rooms.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Been coming here for a few years, this visit has been HORRIBLE.

The rooms which were priced at ₹200 in 2013 were at ₹1000. Got to know that the owner had it leased out to someone else to operate.

The washrooms are FILTHY- no toilet paper, no spray jet. The toilet bowl is dirty brown and the flush is broken and sprays everywhere. The sink is put in place with a wire. The electric sockets barely functioned. TV is in the room. But surprise- doesn't work.

The quality has seriously degraded. Would not recommend.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kartik D
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The greatest plus point of this guesthouse is it's location. Centrally located in Palolem Street and yet only within 100 meters from the main beach. The staff and the owner are very caring. Owner Mr. Kishor also arranged discounts for me in nearby restaurant. Rooms are cosy and have all basic amenities like TV, Fan, AC, comfortable bed, clean attached toilets and fresh sheets. The guesthouse also has laundry services and free wi fi for guests. Restaurants, liquor shops, commodity stores, foreign exchange, travel agents, tattoo Parlor, taxi stand, yogic massage centers, all are at very near.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are the best
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank ManashKumarSingha
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I've been wanting to leave this review for a while, and I'm writing it through my mother's account. The accommodation is in an excellent location, surrounded by lovely stores and the beach is nearby. The attached restaurant is really nice, offering cooking classes, and full of very nice and friendly staff. The only issue I had with this place is with the driver they recommended that we use, an older man usually found outside the accommodation's front door. I was traveling with three other young women, and had already been in India for four weeks. He seemed quite nice when he picked us up from the train station, but when we left, he drove us to our next accommodation for a fixed fee. All seemed fine until we reached the next town, and found ourselves confused by the written directions we had been given by our new accommodation's owner. He quickly got very angry with us, calling us names and threatening to leave us on the side of road unless we figure out which way to go. Being unfamiliar with the area, we called the new hostel owner and asked him to speak to our driver, and help to direct him. The driver verbally abused the guy, continued to call us name, and started to drive erratically. I can't even begin to describe how scary it was being stuck in a car with such an angry, abusive man. Eventually, after a fifteen minutes delay, we finally arrived. He continued to shout and rant at us as we untied out packs from the car roof, and when I eventually responded to him and told him that I wouldn't pay him the full amount unless he stopped, he grabbed my arm and tried to drag me towards his car, telling me he would bring me to the police station. Terrified, I threw the money at him and returned to my friends, yelling at him to leave. To quote his parting words, he told us to "go to sleep and never wake up!" among other graphic curses. Make of that what you will, but the entire situation was one of very few unpleasant experiences I found myself in in India during my trip. The accommodation was nice and the staff in the place were friendly, but please don't use their driver. I hope they find someone else to deal with their guests, as this man is not able to deal with guests as has a terrible, quick and violent temper. To be honest, I took us all a day or two to shake off the entire experience.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends