“Elegance & Beauty”
Review of Latest Recipe

Latest Recipe
Ranked #52 of 464 Restaurants in Calangute
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Description: Latest Recipe is the signature all day dining restaurant at Le Meridien Goa, Calangute offering both buffet and a la carte options. Hearty salads, gourmet wraps and sandwiches, flavourful Goan curries and more.
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Latest Recipe @ Le Meridien, Goa is one of the best places I've been to in a while and I have a lot to say about it,
It boasts a Great Location in the heart of Calangute, with healthy competition from The Novotel and Hyatt Place.
On the occasion of my birthday I visited it for the Sunday Brunch. My parents have been members of Goa Marriott even before I was born. Due to the high standard of Marriott's hospitality and services, we went with high expectations and I am glad to say this place satisfied my expectations and gave me an altogether different level of joy. A special mention to Joel and Shilpa and (The Man from Gangtok- I don't recollect his name)
Lets start with Service, they are concerned , very prompt & attentive. ( I observed that when I purposely dropped a bread stick, they didn't waste a second and cleared it as compared to my past experience in other reputed hotels) and very helpful. Yet in contrast to other 5 stars, they know how to give the customer privacy and "some space".
The Price is a great steal at INR 900 ( non-alcoholic adult Sunday brunch without taxes). And your Club Marriott card gives 20% discount.
The ambience is elegant with hints of modern aura. It provides the calmante and chillaxed feel you expect.
The food is very sleek and scrumptious. The buffet provided for a delicious deli section, Very Mediterranean ( I loved it). The Soup too was extremely good, with nice subtle hints of coconut cream. The Salads though could have been better.
The kebabs are out of this world, with the mutton kebab celebrating the nostalgic flavours of Hyderabad and the Makhmali Kebab too was lip smacking. The Pasta needed a touch more seasoning. The Risotto was good but a little more on the 'Al dente' side ( which I wouldn't recommend for the Indian palette). The Wok Fried Tofu and Pepper chicken also deserved to be mentioned, they too were very good. The Desserts were good like all Marriott Branches.
The Best thing was the extremely kind gesture of specially making an Orange Cream cake as it was my Birthday. This made my day. I would really want to thank the chef for it.
Overall, It is a great place and I would highly recommend it to anybody. They offer great food, service out of this world at an amazing Prize.
Latest Recipe, I shall be back for more.

SaurabhBhatnagar2018, Director Food & Beverage at Latest Recipe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Shaunak S

We appreciate you taking the time to review us.It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed the food and the service provided.
Recognition from our guests is perhaps the single biggest motivator for the ladies and gentlemen at our hotels - your feedback therefore, means so much to all of us. I have personally shared your appreciation with the entire team especially Joel and Shilpa – your compliments will mean the world to them.
We fondly look forward to welcoming you back once again to Le Meridien Goa, Calangute!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We had food in this restaurant during our stay at Le Meridien Calangute Goa. The interior was awesome. The service during buffet breakfast was excellent. The spread of buffet breakfast was excellent with awesome choices. All food were tasty. The chefs were attending to each guest looking after their personal choices and comfort. Specially chef Jaskaran Gujral was very friendly. The service was excellent. Highly recommended.

Dear avikb2013

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Excellence is what i want to say.... Thank u Chef Nilesh Great job nice food... If u r calangute please visit this place

Dear bornrich d

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Looks very tatty outside down holiday street, but once inside it,s very nice and about 400 meters from Le Meridian hotel, walking distance. Nice presented menus and the food was very good.

Dear Bob L

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Firstly, the options they have in breakfast is simply too many :)...You name it and if they can, they will server it, also the taste of the food is really nice. We had North Indian food, and Chinese and none of them were disappointing. Staff are very helpful and they ensure full comfort for you. In desert we had something called Chocolate texture, and its a must have for chocolate lovers.

NortonPereira, General Manager at Latest Recipe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Kushal P

Thank you for reviewing us. We are glad that you enjoyed your dining experience.
Our team is empowered to take initiatives to look after our guests and they enjoy doing this.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Norton Pereira