“VERY GOOD HOTEL vinod & aruna”

Ginger Tree Beach Resort
Ranked #115 of 221 Speciality Lodging in Bardez
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD HOTEL vinod & aruna”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed and enjoyed the hospilaty of the staffs and the hotel was good and kept clean specialy the breakfast in the morning.Also the taxi drivers outside the hotel were good and frendly ,would mind going there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Vinod S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashik, India
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Hotel and its premises is too good. it is in the heart of the city near candolim , calanguate , sikerim , anjuna , baga , vadotara beaches . i was there for 4 nights and enjojed . i will suggest people to stay there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank bhushan_parakh
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The Hotel is good and has a great ambience at Night; the Hotel person’s tries to clean up the swimming pool very often, which I liked it very much; overall the Hotel was maintained neat and clean…
However the restaurant and its service of the Hotel are a bit low on contrary with the other stuffs…
I have ordered a Hookah in the restaurant which has charged me RS 450 which includes vat and service tax, actually that’s fine but the menu have just displayed the price of the flavor that was Rs 300, they charged me Rs 100 for the Hookah which is used and Rs 50 for service tax… However this is the first time I’ve seen where the flavor and the hookah pot is charged separately which has a bit miss-leaded me…
Also another disgusting and most nauseating incident was the taxi and bike union, which is exactly besides GINGER TREE’s gate the hotel Manager or owner that’s Mr Wadhwani or Mr Sagar also supports them is the biggest nuisance and the imprudent thing which I’ve ever experienced … This incident has seriously changed my mind and the level of comfort towards the Hotel… I’ll explain below in detail:
Firstly as soon as you enter the Hotel they Dog follow you for Hiring Bikes and Car, secondly they charge you much higher than the actual market rate… for eg: I’ve taken activa on rent for 5 days which they charged me Rs 250 per day without any discount and if you just walk a bit for a minute near the Agoda Road that’s exactly near CCD (Near Godwin Hotel) they charged the Activa for Rs 180 per Day…
Also for returning to Thivim I’ve hired a Auto Rickshaw which was decided that he will pick me from my Hotel gate, but the taxi union haven’t allowed that rickshaw wala to board me and also threatened him that if he board us them he will be in serious trouble, At this situation we were helpless as if it was Mumbai I would have straightly shown them the stars in the morning but as I was a visitor I thought that the Hotel owners can take charge on it… however I haven’t got a positive response from the Hotel owner and then lately he told the taxi union to drop me till CCD and then again I need to search for a vehicle to thivim… till that time my rickshawala already left lying my luggage on road… then helplessly I was forced to take their taxi to thivim at an cost of RS 450, and the rickshaw which I have hired was of Rs 250, however the cost here was not the matter as first I’ve asked the taxi union the cost to thivim and they told that it is Rs 800, which is an extraordinary high cost…
Any ways to summarize myself the only suggestion I would give is the Hotel has to work on their Restaurant and Service in helping customers and another thing is they should remove their taxi union outside their gate and stop supporting them which always miss-leads tourists…
Total Points just for Hotel and excluding other things is 8/10
Regards,

Hiren

Room Tip: Deluxe Pool Side Room is the best option... as back side is an graveyard... :)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hiren_D_K
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We were two couples who went there for a stay we were commited a package for 5 nights at Rs.18000/- inclusive of breakfast staff is non co operative owners feel thet own the taj and are filled with ego and attitude hopeless place no commitments fullfilled going back on given words we were asked to bloody check out mid way even after paying 50 percent advance. Goa is a place filled with beauty and love my suggestion dont go there and make your trip a nightmare these guys shift you to other hotels which are shabby and charge commission for that too good we had our stars with us and we didnt end up spoiling our vacation...........

Room Tip: Go to ronil royal or alegeria goan heritage resort or casablanca u guys will get value for money and...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nutty_11
shankyw_11, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Tree Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
I, Myself Sagar wadhwani as a GR Manager of Ginger tree beach resort feeling ashamed in writing about this cheap customer, who had visited our property few days back, i in my entire history have never seen a filthy cheap customer like this who does not know how to behave in from of a senier person who is trying to help then. when the guest had arrived in our property, they wanted a stay for 5 nights, we committed them for 3 nights as we were sold out after that, and so we collected cash for 2 nights, after 3 days we requested guest to check out as our other guest were waiting for that room, they started fighting with us that they will not check out come what may as if they own the property by just paying for 2 nights, we still requested them politely, that we will shift them to other good property in calangute area, but they started behaving like the uneducated having no manners or hotel etiquette that how to cooperate to the owners and managers who are trying to help them, Mr Wadhwani the co owner himself booked a rooms for them in other hotel took them over there and fixed a room rent of RS 2200, 200/- extra of what is our room rent
we even weaved off some of there bills for the trouble wht that faced for there mistake, still the guest was taking us for granted every time we were trying to help him.
we were again requesting the guest to give us the rooms for the guest who were waiting at the reception, but these people were hanging around the pool side till 3 pm with no concern of what trouble we were facing. at last finally myself with the owner of the property with the security staff had to show then they real face, and had to through then out of the property with there belongings.

Travellers are raving about these Bardez hotels

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Dear Readers....Ginger Tree Resort is the perfect place to stay. The rooms are really clean & sparkling. Specially the bathrooms are very big & fully equipped. Room Service / house keeping at your door knock on a single call.Mainly the staff is trustworthy. Its not close to the beach but they have free drop and pick up service available....so enjoy it. Near by beach is Candolim....good place to hang out whole day. Breakfast is Indian.....but there is also Ala carte. Our experience was totally different from all the below. We stayed there for 3 days & 4 nights. We were 2 families staying on the ground floor. Children's loved it. My Sincere thanks to Mr Sagar. We surely gonna stay in Ginger Tree whenever we are in Goa. Pictures mentioned in their website is what you see when you visit Ginger. Must recommended place...Stay & enjoy Goa through Ginger

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank SoniaParmar79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bardez
0.7 km away
Sodder's Gloria Anne
#59 of 64 in Candolim
8.5 km away
Ginger Tree Boutique Anjuna

Been to Ginger Tree Beach Resort? Share your experiences!